Zushi/Ikego shi (city) road bike riding

TrekJapan

Warming-Up
Jan 15, 2011
Japan
:bike: :bike:
I live in Ikego (Navy housing area), Higashi-Zushi Shi area, looking for starter weekend riders together? Japanese OK, Nihon go dekimasu yo! . I have a little experience, no clips yet...in the peddles.

I love riding, I want to go far, I like exploring Japan's roads very much.

I like riding from Zushi 134 rt, 207 rt, to Miura-shi, to Kurihama-shi, Yokosuka-shi, to Hayama-shi, for example...

Most of all, riding from Zushi-shi to Odawara-Shi & back to Zushi-Shi is a lot of fun for me.

Thank You.

Adladdin

fredstaple

Speeding Up
Nov 1, 2009
Puerto de la Santa Maria
Some Help

I live in Yokosuka. If you are looking for some routes, try going to www.bikely.com and search Yokosuka, Japan. There are a number of routes posted for this area if you want to get out and explore a little more. Some go pretty close to Ikego.

I do most of my riding during the week, so I am not much help for weekend rides. There are a few rides organized from the base on the weekends. I have not seen many rides lately, but things have been a little slow due to winter weather. If you PM with your email address, I will forward it to the ride organizer and ask him to add you to the group email list.

Every so often I and a few other riders from the Yokosuka area get together on Sunday morning for a relaxed ride, 25km pace, for a couple hours. We usually head out towards Miura Beach and down towards Jogashima Island and back. This may not be the distance your looking for, but if you are interested, I can let you know next time we head out. It is not an organized thing and is probably once every two months when schedules allow. We meet up somewhere along the route or near the back gate to Yokosuka base. If you are interested, I can give you a heads up next time.

I think most of the TCC rides are a bit north of us, so I have not been able to join the club yet on any rides. There is another club in the area you may be interested in as well. Yokota Air Base has a cycling club. Again, most of their rides start and end at Yokota, but it is an active club and a good place for info about riding in this general area. www.yokotacyclingclub.com is thwe web address for them. If you don't mind catching the train or driving there, they are always having group rides and looking for additional folks to join them.

I am not aware of any cycling specific club in our area.

TrekJapan

Warming-Up
Jan 15, 2011
Japan
Assist for Zushi/Ikego shi (city) road bike riding

Thanks, for the information.

If I get time on week days, I will let you know. I am not sure what my pace is? I can go from Ikego to outside Odawara-Shi & back in about 3 to 3 and a half hours. I go about 40 - 50 kilometers, however, the pace may be different.

Yokota base is a little far, unless I take some days off & head up there.

I am not looking for a cycling club, just riders to hook up with off and on in our area. I know they are hard to come by because of schedules, however, if it turns into a club, then good...

I'll let you know, thanks!!

Nov 9, 2006
Yokohama
Yokosuka Rides

Thanks, for the information.

If I get time on week days, I will let you know. I am not sure what my pace is? I can go from Ikego to outside Odawara-Shi & back in about 3 to 3 and a half hours. I go about 40 - 50 kilometers, however, the pace may be different.

Yokota base is a little far, unless I take some days off & head up there.

I am not looking for a cycling club, just riders to hook up with off and on in our area. I know they are hard to come by because of schedules, however, if it turns into a club, then good...

I'll let you know, thanks!!
Keep in touch - I`m planning a lap around the Izu peninsula in the Spring (3-4days). The Boso Hanto is a good ride and the Kurihama ferry is near your locale. There are members in Chiba you might hook up with.

TrekJapan

Warming-Up
Jan 15, 2011
Japan
Izu peninsula trip

Phil,
let me know the dates for the Izu peninsula trip... and I can see if sked can be made, thank you.
Yes, the Kurihama ferry, I want to ride and go to Chiba for a 2-3 day ride.