For Sale Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubular Wheelset, new Zipp Tangente Tires

Dec 31, 2009
Matsumoto
Good tip. I have been contemplating that. I am very surprised they didn't sell at this price. Its seems the market is flooded with used carbon wheels now and in Japan it seems like everyone is riding them. I remember when Zipp used to mean something. Now with so much out there quality is dropping and the money is being put towards marketing. Really its the marketing these days selling the wheels. Not podiums or long term reports. So the money goes there and is taken from other areas. Thats why I am stoked Owen is in the process of designing and having machined his own hubset. If you don't think its possible to start like that, look at HED wheels. This is where the technical innovation will be sprouting from in the future IMO, from individuals putting the effort forth to innovate. You can reinvent the wheel.

Dec 31, 2009
Matsumoto
Really, one wheel is going for what I'm offering the set for much and probably much more mileage. People are buying open mold wheelsets for similar cost. I think the Zipp sticker lost its cool. That or nobody wants a Campy wheel in Japan

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Details? How is his hubset going to be different?
It will be the first hubset in history with a single person being completely and utterly banned from having anything to do with it in terms of viewing designs, testing, feedback, commenting, and purchasing.

Can you guess who that person might be?

bloaker

Maximum Pace
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
Hi,

As each and every comment in the Classifieds section requires authorization, please try to refrain from posting extensive unrelated conversation here, and only post things related to the product being offered for sale.

Comments not directly related to the item being sold merely serve to increase the work load for the Classifieds admin, who already has enough on his plate having to deal with the dodgy Chinese posts attempting to sell things that defy the laws of physics.

Trek DJ

Maximum Pace
Jan 27, 2009
Kobe
TokyoTurtle, no comment on the hubs....but for a guy who has trouble putting on Vittoria tires you sure have strong opinions on fit and gear.

If you want to know about the hubs, start a new thread with honest questions. You obviously are looking to stir sh#t up.