What's new

Zama to Miyagase Lake

Bugleboy21

Warming-Up
Sep 9, 2012
Konichiwa!

Does anyone have a route map for the best and safest route to get from the 51 and 46 intersection outside the west side of Camp Zama to Miyagase Lake? I was told that their was beautiful riding around the lake.

Arigato Gozaimas!

Larry

Larry, this route is really nice and avoids traffic. It follows rivers but goes over a sharp climb (Hanbara Toge) so not sure if that's your thing or not...as it's 16% in one section. Lovely road with nice views on the other side.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/138858517

Otherwise just get to R64 using the most direct route as you can. It's a good way up to Miyagase but with some dump truck, still nothing like R412 which I recommend avoiding.

R65 is also good, not too hilly and reasonably quiet...You'll have to go R412 a bit but it's only for a about 2km.

So for an easier approach also with limited traffic, go:

R65 - R510 - R412 - R513 - Miyagase

Another option is to combine the map above, then go up to R65 between the 11-12km mark....almost no traffic in that area...

Hope this helps:)

Hi Larry,

I use 2 routes to get to Miyagase from Machida via Zama.
Route 1 with long gradual climbs;
129, 65, 510, 412, 513 and then the 64 to approach Miyagase from the North.
Route 2 is shorter, but has steeper climbs;
63 and then the 60 and 64 to get to the lake.

I prefer to make those rides on a Sunday, but hate to wake up early, so usually don't make it to Zama until 11:00 or 11:30h. I might be going up there next week Sunday if the weather is fine.

Enjoy,
Guus

I was thinking of the same roads to get there. Is it better to ride on the road at 35kph or to use the sidewalk/bike path and weave around pedestrians at a slower speed?

I was thinking of the same roads to get there. Is it better to ride on the road at 35kph or to use the sidewalk/bike path and weave around pedestrians at a slower speed?

You're welcome by the way;) Mate, there aren't any footpaths once you get out a bit!

Thanks, Mike, for the map. I'm going to load it into the Garmin and trek out this weekend. Hopefully the climbs won't do me in!

Back
Top Bottom