What's new

Y's road sports bike demo 12/1

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
@Akigase friendly park along the Arakawa CR

Don't have any information apart from what is listed at the official hp:
http://www.ysroad.net/spodemo_blog/

There will be bikepolo exhibition matches and a 4hr enduro. Enduro is 7500yen regardless if you are riding alone or with up to 10 riders as a team. Didn't check details, but maybe something for the east-Enders?

Y's road sports bike demo 12/1 (Mad Fiber/Hincapie/Ritte)

I'll be there as well in the Y's Collection tent promoting Mad Fiber wheels and Hincapie Sportswear. My Ritte bike will also be on display (and for test riding the wheels).

Drop by and say HI.

Danny

This may be a stupid question, but perhaps one with a useful answer;

This is a cycle event, I realise, but is it going to be a pain to ride down? It shouldn't be, but weirder things have happened to me with this kind of thing in Japan...

Me too - we're providing a bunch of swag for the podium. I need to roll out early , though - probably around 7 or 8am.

I will be there. Not racing or anything, but will be lurking around.

Guys, I enjoy being the TCC goodwill ambassador by introducing events, but how about participants proactively spreading the word? Even if you are there on official business I'm sure plenty of members would appreciate plus an increased presence of foreign riders would raise our profile.

Guys, I enjoy being the TCC goodwill ambassador by introducing events, but how about participants proactively spreading the word? Even if you are there on official business I'm sure plenty of members would appreciate plus an increased presence of foreign riders would raise our profile.

+1.

I didn't know about it, thanks for letting us know, Gunjira. Unfortunately I have some tentative plans tomorrow I'm hoping works out......

So, am I sensing a desire for some kind of consolidated events calendar section?

hmmmm have to agree especailly as some of the members here are actively invovled!

Sorry if I have misunderstood something, but which participants are you referring to?

Sorry if I have misunderstood something, but which participants are you referring to?

Well Tim and Danny are participating as vendors/sponsors surely they knew about the event way before the original post was made?

Or maybe I'm missing something??

So the direction being taken by Gunnar is that this event was not posted up on here and he decided to take the initiative, but it was a hassle.

Well, I can see his point slightly, but it is a bit of a long shot criticism!

I am sure people appreciate his efforts.

I don't think anybody has any obligation to post this kind of info, after all tcc is fully voluntary. But the thought that there might be a lot slipping below the radar while many members having difficulty to discover this info by themselves is unfortunate, isn't it?

Yep, I think so too.

Would be great to have some kind of centralised calendar with all the possible events going on listed, complete with links, maps, etc.

Something like a simplified version of the calendar in google, perhaps

On that note, can anyone tell what station this is at? I can't read it.

It's 5 degrees and thick with clouds, so it looks like I may take the ride inside and then pop over to this.

Cheers :)

I don't think anybody has any obligation to post this kind of info, after all tcc is fully voluntary. But the thought that there might be a lot slipping below the radar while many members having difficulty to discover this info by themselves is unfortunate, isn't it?

There is TONS slipping below the radar which is why I aksed Thomas to add this section to the TCC forums in the hope that stuff would get posted up.

A centralised calendar would also be great, we submit dates to the calendar for everyone to see. The only problem I see is that some series races tend to shift dates as they get closer JBCF and JCRC sometimes juggle dates depending on conditions or closed venue site availability, so it would require the ability to shift dates also.

Went down there this morning. Was good to meet Michael at the Neil Pryde stand. Had a go on the BuraSL with DA9000. Very nice rig! If any of you are in the market for a really good frame, consider the BuraSL!

Was about to go for a wander when the sky blackened and it started hailing / raining. Thought I would call it a day.

The racing looked like it was stopping too.

Back
Top Bottom