What's new

Ys road question

Those are the pics. I checked my order and they included:

RR56C02 Non Disc - High TG Surface matte 3K 20H
RR56C02 Non Disc - High TG Surface matte 3K 24H
HUB-F DT SWISS 240S QR / 100mm straight pull Non Disc Black 20H
HUB-R DT SWISS 240S QR / 130mm Shimano Road 11S straight pull Non Disc Black 24H 36T

Looks like all non-disc, so going back to LB to see what my options are. Damn, those were a nice set of wheels.

Those are the pics. I checked my order and they included:

RR56C02 Non Disc - High TG Surface matte 3K 20H
RR56C02 Non Disc - High TG Surface matte 3K 24H
HUB-F DT SWISS 240S QR / 100mm straight pull Non Disc Black 20H
HUB-R DT SWISS 240S QR / 130mm Shimano Road 11S straight pull Non Disc Black 24H 36T

Looks like all non-disc, so going back to LB to see what my options are. Damn, those were a nice set of wheels.
Yeah, the photos confirm they are rim only hubs. There isn't much light bicycle would be able to do I'm afraid, other than get you to buy a new set of hubs then have you ship them back, strip them down and rebuild the rims on new hubs. The cost of shipping them back to LB then paying for them to ship them back to Japan, plus paying for new hubs and a strip down/rebuild will probably turn out more expensive than just buying a new set of disc brake wheels.

Thanks @leicaman and @OreoCookie. I communicated with someone else from LB who confirmed mostly what you said. The hubs are not made for disc, and the spokes would not work either, although the rims would. Their suggestion was getting new spokes threaded to disc hubs by a LBS, and given the total I've ridden the spokes and hubs on, they would likely refund most or all of them after confirming condition. I actually do not want to sell these wheels, I really love the whole combination...

Put your money in the bank till you can afford something decent. Otherwise you are just buying more of the same. 6months later you'll be in the same position.

That said 200000y can get you something decent in the second hand market.

Put your money in the bank till you can afford something decent. Otherwise you are just buying more of the same. 6months later you'll be in the same position.
Yeah, I agree. It is really hard sometimes, but so worth when you finally get what you really want. Wheels are a great example here: unless you have total clunkers on your bike, investing in wheels that are only slightly better than what you have now makes little sense.

Besides the issue of whether the hub has somewhere for the centerlock or six bolt rotor to attach to, there's also the different OLD (over locknut dimension), i.e. the rear dropout spacing, which is 135 mm for disk brakes and 130 mm for most rim brake road bikes.

Back
Top Bottom