What's new

Y's Cup, 29th Oct. 2011

Bird, you beat us mate.

Oh well. I blame the puncture!

Was a pretty tough race for me, and I think I may have knackered our average speed towards the end, as I was bonking after playing catch up.

Top speed for me was 56kmph though, which I thought was pretty good.

Funny, the part of the course that I thought was going to be the worst, was actually the most enjoyable for me; there was a coned-off narrow part going downhill with a left turn onto a long-ish straight which filtered everyone. When I was following some 'eager' lads down there, we all really dropped the hammer on the way out and the slight turn acted like a slingshot. Some wicked speeds were had out of that, and that is where I registered my top speed.

Well, enjoyed it a lot, and would do it again. Some really nice people there, and some great non-verbal drafting agreements were done. Love it!

Bring on the next challenge :)

And so the infection spreads.:D

Owen - for your guys next race lets fit proper tubulars. Then at least you'll have a chance to make the pits for an exchange. I know you love your Cosmic's (and they are damn fine wheels) - but suffering a punc without any support totally sucks! You guys were doing great and I want to support that.

Of course it means getting that silly 'Wiggle' smarm off your kit. 100% of my bikes are certified Wiggle Free.

Bird, you beat us mate.

Oh well. I blame the puncture!

Was a pretty tough race for me, and I think I may have knackered our average speed towards the end, as I was bonking after playing catch up.

Top speed for me was 56kmph though, which I thought was pretty good.

Funny, the part of the course that I thought was going to be the worst, was actually the most enjoyable for me; there was a coned-off narrow part going downhill with a left turn onto a long-ish straight which filtered everyone. When I was following some 'eager' lads down there, we all really dropped the hammer on the way out and the slight turn acted like a slingshot. Some wicked speeds were had out of that, and that is where I registered my top speed.

Well, enjoyed it a lot, and would do it again. Some really nice people there, and some great non-verbal drafting agreements were done. Love it!

Bring on the next challenge :)

Back
Top Bottom