What's new

Your Top Speed

Finally: 84.5 km/hr

It took me over three years to improve my previous record from the Transalp 2011 by barely 0.2 km/hr but finally it could be done. So I took the occassion to finalize this rather old thread.

I was racing with the Bremen Team at the 24 hour race on the Nürburgring formular one track in Germany last weekend. I know already from previous races at the Fuji formula one track that these racing circuits are not necesarily flat. However, the old (pre-war) circuit of the Nürburgring is in a class on its own: 25 km long and more than 500 elevation meters per lap. Gradients up to 17%, up and down. Going up from "Bergwerk" to "Stefan Bellofs Curve" is hard work and riding down the slope of the "Fuchsröhre" I could reach almost 85 km/hr. Which is rather slow in comparison to other racers, Philipp from my team hit the 110 km/hr mark (photo). This is all very fine and safe during daylight hours but during the night it is just crazy.

photo.php

10329898_10204438307585623_2901428834382735267_o.jpg

59.8 on the flat with no help or wind....breaking 50 is a challenge at the moment.... tempted to get a TT bike....

and yes...great pic...

Back
Top Bottom