What's new

Official Ride Yokota Friendship Festival 2007 (18th TCC Tour)

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Dear members,

another year has passed and it's again time for the Yokota Friendship Festival! :)

The official info page is here

=> http://www.yokota.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=9137 (English, HTML)

=> http://www.yokota.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-070717-001.pdf (日本語, PDF)

Shay (Freeride39) and Ken (KWill) have gladly agreed to organise the this year's TCC tour to Yokota, but asked TCC to take care of the PR work. Basically, our visit to Yokota will follow last year's schedule, more info on that here. This year our tour will be official though.

The precise time and meeting place will be posted soon, the tour will take place on August 25, 2007. Members will need to bring valid IDs (with picture and not expired, as Shay pointed out). Our bicycles will be parked inside the base next to the gates. After following events at the base, we will move over to the Ishikawa Sake Brewery in Fussa.
:beer2:

Watch this space for further announcements. :)

Below a pic taken last year.

yokota_friendship_41.jpg

of course,

:Dcount me in, please!!:D

トマスさんの書いた通り、参加される方は顔写真付きの身分証明書(免許証、パスポート等でok。保険証は写真がないのでng。)を忘れずに。

I am looking forward to visiting this year's YAB!!:D :D

That was a good day Thomas

Dear members,

another year has passed and it's again time for the Yokota Friendship Festival! :)

=> http://www.yokota.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=9137 (English, HTML)

Shay (Freeride39) and Ken (KWill) have gladly agreed to organise the this year's TCC tour to Yokota, but asked TCC to take care of the PR work. Basically, our visit to Yokota will follow last year's schedule, more info on that here. This year our tour will be official though.

The precise time and meeting place will be posted soon, the tour will take place on August 25, 2007. Members will need to bring valid IDs (with picture and not expired, as Shay pointed out). Our bicycles will be parked inside the base next to the gates. After following events at the base, we will move over to the Ishikawa Sake Brewery in Fussa.

yokota_friendship_41.jpg

Waiting for more details!
Where do we start from within Tokyo??

Hi Walter,

good to see you back. I guess the meeting point will be Fussa. I don't know if any other "easterner" will join, but I'll ride out Ome-kaido and Itsukaichi-kaido. If you come from Shinagawa, we could arrange for a meeting in Shinjuku and head out together.

That was a good day Thomas

Indeed, wasn't it? :)

I'm really looking forward to this year's festival. Hope it's not only the C-130 occupying the airspace. :D

Hey in the picture, where is the girl in black with black sunglasses, I never seen her again after this Tour?

Neither have I. Miki-san used to be one of my students.

count me in, please!!

Hi,This is "SHIBAGON".
I want to visit "Yokota Frendship Festival 2007"!

こんばんは、SHIBAGONです。
"Yokota Frendship Festival 2007"、興味があるので参加したいです。
参加者にカウントしてください。よろしくお願いします。
※只今、精神的にしんどいので、あまり早く走ることができないかもしれません:eek:uch:。

Two more IN!

Hey Shay,
I reckon Nobu & I should be able to make it for this one too.
>Thomas, if you and Shinobu (and some other people) are going to ride out there from this way, I'll be glad to join you.
See you all there.
Travis

Thomas, if you and Shinobu (and some other people) are going to ride out there from this way, I'll be glad to join you.

I don't know yet whether Shinobu-san will join or not, but I shall be glad to ride out with you and Nobu-san. :)

12 people so far (in alphabetical order):

Nobu-san
Norihikoh
Shay
K Will
B Winford
Carizma
E Hord
SHIBAGON
Sora-san
Thomas
Travis
Walter (?)
:bike:

Dear members,

yokota_friendship_41.jpg

:p I'll be there dudes! Sorry for staying out for a while due to too much workload. 8/25 is my vacation. I'm sure I can go.

I'm planning to go to this. Last year took the train but might be persuaded to ride! Will be leaving from Ikebukuro so it looks like a few people from this side of Tokyo might be along for the ride.

We're already 14! :)

In alphabetical order:

Kuni-san (I LUV TEXAS)
Naoko-san (SHIBAGON)
Nobu-san
Norihikoh
Shay
K Will
B Winford
Carizma
E Hord
Sora-san
Thomas
Tokyoscoop
Travis
Walter (?)
:bike:

I think I'll be able to make this one! I guess I'll ride up from NAF Atsugi, so if anyone is coming from my direction or I can meet people let me know.

I'd like to join in - if poss

Hi guys,

I should be back in Tokyo for then - If possible I'd like to come along- it's about time I met you all.
Reading the posts it looks like Walter is the closest to me (I'm over at Akabanabashi) so if you like I can join in with Walter for the ride.

What's the deal with non-US or Japanese visitors?

Greg

The base has a list of countries that need special permission for those citizens to enter the base. If you have any issues or questions about the country your residence, let me know and I will check for you.

Hi guys,

I should be back in Tokyo for then - If possible I'd like to come along- it's about time I met you all.
Reading the posts it looks like Walter is the closest to me (I'm over at Akabanabashi) so if you like I can join in with Walter for the ride.

Greg

Identification...

Hi guys,

Greg

It's called "National Security!" I still need to take my Aussie passport to the Australian Embassy if I want to go in.

I AM however, very much looking forward to the "Air-Show"! I hope there will be one this year. Love those F-14s, F-15s, F-16s & F-18s.
(F-14s are maybe out, though)!

Those guys are even faster than Christoph!

T

Q's

Any country that is a U.S. Allie is no problem with getting on base.

If you have any issues or questions about the country your residence, let me know and I will check for you.

Does being British count for special permission, (doesn't normally carry any weight in the world anymore but I can always live in hope;)), or will passport be adequate.

G

We're already 16!

In alphabetical order:

ayasechick
B Winford
Carizma
E Hord
Greg (gmason)
Ken (KWill)
Kuni-san (I LUV TEXAS)
Naoko-san (SHIBAGON)
Nobu-san