What's new

Yokosuka Cycling in July

xnavalav8r

Warming-Up
Aug 29, 2007
Hello all. It's been a while since I posted here. I'm going to be in Yokosuka for a couple of weeks in July. If anyone knows of any group rides or would like to get together for a fun ride, please let me know. I hate riding alone in a place I don't know very well. In fact, I just hate riding alone.

Yo Ted...

You left us all in the lurch when we planned that "Miura-hanto" ride about a year ago - everyone was looking forward to meeting you, but you bailed...
I think most of the guys are hitting the mountains (general rides & races), but if you want a short run down that way, you'd be best contacting "Ayasechick"!
I think she's got a new bike too, and might want some extra company on her weekend rides with the guys from the base!
Send her a PM, and see what's happening.
T

New mountain bike (still not here yet, the wheels arrived but the frame is still in transit...I'm impatiently waiting!!) but the new road bike is being custom built and won't be done until October/November. :)

I work at CFAY and if you'd like to do some rides let me know, I don't know as many places to go down there as I do up near Ayase but we'll make it work. I can't do long rides (1hr+) as my current bike gives me back and shoulder pain but up to an hour I'm usually good and can at least join you for the first bit if you'd like to ride longer.

I also just got a new bike bag so there's always the possibility of hopping on the train and riding around Tokyo.

Hi

I live in Kamiooka and I don't mind joining you guys for a ride if it is on weekend.

All,

Sorry about bailing out last year. I guess the explanation didn't make it to everyone. I had oral surgery and wound up with a ruptured artery in the roof of my mouth. It was actually bad enough to put me in the hospital. I didn't anticipate 36 stitches in the mouth and was in no condition to ride. Sorry to have bailed out but I thought the word got to everyone as to why.

I'm at the base in Yokosuka through the weekend and have time to ride, so please let me know if you're up for a trip anywhere.

Ted

[email protected]

I'll be down Saturday morning but otherwise won't be down in the area again until Monday. I could get an early ride in...though I'm slow!

Great ride

I rode out there on Saturday on the way to Atsugi, then inland. It's a great ride. I couldn't believe the number of cyclists I saw.

I might be good for a ride around Miura-Kamakura-Enoshima (beach route).

Yokosuka area rides?

Hi - I'm interested in rides in the Yokosuka area. Would love to join if the schedule works out. Anything planned for the rest of July?

IM in Yokosuka too!

Hey guys! I just joined this site and im in the process of joining the cycling community. I rode with my dad when I was back state side a few times and I was really into it. When I got out here I decided I was going to get into it. I figured this was a good place to start. I need a bike first though:) Im looking for a second hand bike and was hoping that some of you all could help me find a place to pick one up at. I know there are some shops around Tokyo but I was hoping that there were a few closer to this area. Once I get my bike and get a little time under my belt I will be looking for people to ride with on the weekends or after work during the week. At this point... any advice for bike shops, rides, people to hook up and ride with around the area or any other things you might want to pass on would be greatly appreciated!

ETPatt

Hi Patt,

Hope those threads work, but a bit far from you.

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1279
https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=715

Hey guys! I just joined this site and im in the process of joining the cycling community. I rode with my dad when I was back state side a few times and I was really into it. When I got out here I decided I was going to get into it. I figured this was a good place to start. I need a bike first though:) Im looking for a second hand bike and was hoping that some of you all could help me find a place to pick one up at. I know there are some shops around Tokyo but I was hoping that there were a few closer to this area. Once I get my bike and get a little time under my belt I will be looking for people to ride with on the weekends or after work during the week. At this point... any advice for bike shops, rides, people to hook up and ride with around the area or any other things you might want to pass on would be greatly appreciated!

ETPatt

ETPatt

I live in Yokosuka too, some good riding around the area. Once you get a bike let me know if you want to hook up for a ride.

James

James
Im going to Look for a bike this weekend. I should be up and running and be somewhat comfortable by the beginning to mid June. I will definitely be hitting you up! I live down near Kannonzaki Park and will be riding back and forth to work about 3 to 4 days a week. Just from driving around I can tell that the riding around the area is probably pretty nice and it seems that the locals are Cycle friendly which is ALWAYS a plus!

Eric

Please count me in

Hi Ted,

I live in Yokohama and I ride to Yokosuka every other week. Yes, would love to ride around the area. It looks like lots of people are interested to get together for a group ride. We can set a time/day and all meet in one location. I will park my car in Yokosuka base and start from here.

Yulin

Hi, All:

I found this site last year, and have been checking it from time-to-time for rides around Yokosuka. Despite having interest, I haven't been able to make any of the group rides in Tokyo. Unfortunately, the distance and time are a bit too much.

I'm interested in weekend group rides originating around Yokosuka. I'm imagining something leaving, for example, Yokosuka-chuo or the base main entrance at 7AM or 8AM and wrapping up before noon. The pace would be whatever the group dictates. A 60 km solo ride at 25 kmph average is a decent effort for me, but I'm happy to lead and wait or be dropped and waited for.

What's the level of interest out there for something like this?

Thanks,

nbfman

PS: Note that this thread began in July '08. Not sure how relevant the earlier part still is. So, this is a new inquiry for April '09.

Back
Top Bottom