What's new

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

I am not sure about next week, but 0630 this morning the group is rolling from the Mikasa 711

Saturday Morning Rides in the Yokosuka Area -

I ride the Miura Peninsula pretty much every Saturday morning with 'Team RWB'. At a minimum, ride a loop of 60km. Sometimes several riders want a little more, so we head out 134 west when we hit Zushi.

For anyone in the Zushi/Kamakura/Hayama/Yokosuka area - this is a fun loop that has you home well before lunch. Depending on the weather and mood, we often stop at Starbucks in Hayama or Barefoot Cafe in Zushi for coffee and some social time.

Rolling speeds are between 32-38km on the flats. I suck at climbing (seriously), so the pace drops considerably when inclines are above 4%. Those that are fast continue to the top and wait for the stragglers. Those that are slower just suffer through it, but know we will regroup and continue on with no egos.

Last week in the wind, two of us headed out and this is what we did.
http://www.strava.com/activities/199826502

sometimes we change it up and head to Oiso like this...
http://www.strava.com/activities/257690608

Drop the following in a google search for the meet up spot.

35.283072, 139.668778

Currently we are starting at 0700, but as summer rolls in and the temps get warmer, it will possibly change to 0600 to beat the heat.
Saturday Morning Rides in the Yokosuka Area -

I ride the Miura Peninsula pretty much every Saturday morning with 'Team RWB'. At a minimum, ride a loop of 60km. Sometimes several riders want a little more, so we head out 134 west when we hit Zushi.

For anyone in the Zushi/Kamakura/Hayama/Yokosuka area - this is a fun loop that has you home well before lunch. Depending on the weather and mood, we often stop at Starbucks in Hayama or Barefoot Cafe in Zushi for coffee and some social time.

Rolling speeds are between 32-38km on the flats. I suck at climbing (seriously), so the pace drops considerably when inclines are above 4%. Those that are fast continue to the top and wait for the stragglers. Those that are slower just suffer through it, but know we will regroup and continue on with no egos.

Last week in the wind, two of us headed out and this is what we did.
http://www.strava.com/activities/199826502

sometimes we change it up and head to Oiso like this...
http://www.strava.com/activities/257690608

Drop the following in a google search for the meet up spot.

35.283072, 139.668778

Currently we are starting at 0700, but as summer rolls in and the temps get warmer, it will possibly change to 0600 to beat the heat.
I'm interested in joining just not sure if I can keep up yet. I'm just beginning got a 2014 caad 10 a couple weeks ago. The furthest I rode so far is Kurihama.

We can get you up to speed. I am out of town a couple more weeks. Will hit you up when i am back

This is one of the rides I've been meaning to do for some time. Last year I rode from Nerima to Kamakura several times (to see if I could) & really enjoyed the river course down from Machida to Fujisawa. Looking at the map the Miura Peninsula always looked good, but a bit too much on top of the ride to Fujisawa.

Been bike bagging more and more via train so figured if I take Fukutoshin line (direct) to China Town I can ride from Yokohama area to Yokosuka and around Miura.

Would you guys recommend the clockwise direction so that you are on the seaside of the road for most of the trip vs the anti-clockwise loop?

Agreed - better views - but more importantly - it works better with traffic & the hills are more enjoyable that direction.
Counter-Clockwise is fine, but just not as nice.

We are meeting up at 0600 this week.
I will actually be there vs just relaying info.

Plan is to roll roughly 30kph.
I have been doing off road only for most of the year, I suspect this is going to hurt me a little.

Just got back in country and am wondering if this ride is going on through the winter months and what the meet up time is. Thanks

This ride still takes place, however I am usually NOT on it. I have been spending my time off road.
The group cancelled last week simply due to temperature. (we still rode off road!)

They often switch up the route as well. Sometimes Miura, other times, they may head out to Odawara, and yet other times they take the Ferry from Kurihama over to Chiba.

I will post up here this week once I know their plans so you can get a hold of them.

This Saturday will be a Miura loop meeting at the 7-11 by Mikasa Park.
I will be off road, but other will be metting at 0830.

It's been awhile, is there still a group meeting at the 7-11 on Saturdays? I'll be traveling the next two weeks, but I'd love to do groups rides as often as I can, helps to learn the local roads and rules. Plus it's always great to meet other cyclists :)

@Andrew Moss - I have not done this ride for a while, however it still exists, but in a modified state.
I turned this ride over to Max and Ron (not on this site) when I decided it was time to rededicate myself for off road.

Hit me up via pm and we can discuss the ride a bike and I can give you some contact info.

Hi, Is this thread still active? Do you still do early Saturday am rides in the Yokosuka area? Anyone?
I just moved here a few months ago and I'd like to get back in shape and ride with other folks.
Thanks.

Andy,
I have not lead one of these rides in a while. However I still know lots of guys riding in the area.
I will reach out and see if they have any kind of schedule they stick to.
If you wanna get muddy on Saturdays... I know a guy...

Where are you? Yokosuka, Ikego, etc?

Back
Top Bottom