What's new

Ride Yokohama, Fujisawa, Kamakura and surrounds - Official Ride Thread

I'm going for a Miura loop tomorrow(02/14). Would be nice to have company.

I start from Kamakura, going clockwise. My pace is normally steady, maybe chasing few segments along the way, but nothing crazy.

Start time, the earlier the better.

I hope this description doesn't scare anyone. I'm happy to accommodate different speeds, route, start time.

Cheers

I start from Kamakura, going clockwise. My pace is normally steady, maybe chasing few segments along the way, but nothing crazy.
Start time, the earlier the better.
I hope this description doesn't scare anyone. I'm happy to accommodate different speeds, route, start time.

Cheers
Would love to ride this weekend.. however my bike is in the shop. Typical excuse, isn't it?
I had an accident last weekend with a driver (driver passed us, then proceeded to make a left turn, cut us off. I ended up hitting the guardrail. no huge damage to me or my bike, but her insurance will cover just about everything... so trying to squeeze them out of everything possible.
Might not be on my ROAD bike for quite a while I reckon... tomorrow I might stroll out to Enoshima and back on my mtb (turn city slicker, hardtail)

Let's catch up once I can get back on my road bike...!

Would love to ride this weekend.. however my bike is in the shop. Typical excuse, isn't it?
I had an accident last weekend with a driver (driver passed us, then proceeded to make a left turn, cut us off. I ended up hitting the guardrail. no huge damage to me or my bike, but her insurance will cover just about everything... so trying to squeeze them out of everything possible.
Might not be on my ROAD bike for quite a while I reckon... tomorrow I might stroll out to Enoshima and back on my mtb (turn city slicker, hardtail)

Let's catch up once I can get back on my road bike...!
Sorry to hear about that.
"so trying to squeeze them out of everything possible"... sounds like someone is going to get a Dura Ace group set :D
Maybe I should find a stupid driver myself (JK)

Let's catch up next time then!

Sorry to hear about that.
"so trying to squeeze them out of everything possible"... sounds like someone is going to get a Dura Ace group set :D
Maybe I should find a stupid driver myself (JK)

Let's catch up next time then!
The last time I rode on Dura-Ace was in 2002.
I've been a Campy man since then ;)... lol

yea, as much as I'm happy to get new parts and all, I really just want to ride. I could really deal without all this crap with the insurance company, bike shop... etc.

I just can't wait till it's all over.....
(I hope a 'good' settlement comes soon)

The text in these messages can be searched, read, and examined by anyone.

It would, I think, be fairly easy to link a lot of user IDs here to the actual names of people.

I'm not working for an insurance company. But if I were, and if I read of how somebody intended to squeeze everything possible out of my company, I wouldn't be amused.

The text in these messages can be searched, read, and examined by anyone.

It would, I think, be fairly easy to link a lot of user IDs here to the actual names of people.

I'm not working for an insurance company. But if I were, and if I read of how somebody intended to squeeze everything possible out of my company, I wouldn't be amused.
true. luckily my name is not shown here.. lol
and that is one good thing about most people.. is that they are just doing their job. not looking to find how this or that.. especially in English. lol

but i get it.. I could search about my job and the people who talk shit about it.. but I can't be bothered..!

Damn... any other Sunday and I would have joined for sure. I'm booked in to do 家族サービス (family service) tomorrow > joining my wife on a plum blossom viewing trip. The thought momentarily crossed my mind to bail on that, and join you anyway, but a fate worse than death would be waiting for me when I got home. Sometime soon for sure though!

Damn... any other Sunday and I would have joined for sure. I'm booked in to do 家族サービス (family service) tomorrow > joining my wife on a plum blossom viewing trip. The thought momentarily crossed my mind to bail on that, and join you anyway, but a fate worse than death would be waiting for me when I got home. Sometime soon for sure though!
Man, family first, for sure!
With the spring slowly approaching, we will organize more of this soon.
Enjoy the plums!

@isampaio
thinking of doing the same ride i did two weeks ago.. R246 to Matsuda, then to the beach..R134 to Fujisawa..about 100km from Totsuka..
wanna go?

@olykoek
Sounds interesting. If you don't mind, could you share the route you did? I will check where I could join.
Also, what time are you planning to start?

I'm contemplating this ride tomorrow. It is a tiling expedition with a bit of a hike included. If I do it, I'll probably be at Ninomiya around 9 or 10 am. I do 'party pace' mostly. DM me by 9 pm tonight if interested.

I'm contemplating this ride tomorrow. It is a tiling expedition with a bit of a hike included. If I do it, I'll probably be at Ninomiya around 9 or 10 am. I do 'party pace' mostly. DM me by 9 pm tonight if interested.

If only I could ride during the week like that....

For Feb. 27 (Sat) or 28 (Sun)

Initial plans are for a ride to either..
- Ashigara (for lunch at Manyo-Udon )
https://www.strava.com/activities/4821190122 +8.4km to 地蔵堂 where Manyo Udon is (+8.4km down)
OR
- Miura Loop. lunch
https://www.strava.com/activities/4557982814 (something along this route..)

It'll be Feb. weather again, so cool and perhaps a little windy.

Any other suggestions taken! Or if anyone would like to join, let me know!

@jonmanjiro and I will be starting fromTotsuka JR station, but we can meet along the way somewhere
@lsampaio will join from....(?)

depends on the route...

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I also can't take day off tomorrow. Hoping to join in a next opportunity. Have fun!

For Feb. 27 (Sat) or 28 (Sun)

Initial plans are for a ride to either..
- Ashigara (for lunch at Manyo-Udon )
https://www.strava.com/activities/4821190122 +8.4km to 地蔵堂 where Manyo Udon is (+8.4km down)
OR
- Miura Loop. lunch
https://www.strava.com/activities/4557982814 (something along this route..)

It'll be Feb. weather again, so cool and perhaps a little windy.

Any other suggestions taken! Or if anyone would like to join, let me know!

@jonmanjiro and I will be starting fromTotsuka JR station, but we can meet along the way somewhere
@lsampaio will join from....(?)

depends on the route...
Aer you leaving at 8-8:30 from Totsuka?

Yep, 8am-ish at or near Totsuka Station, I think. Not sure of the day yet though (Sunday would probably work better for me but I can ride either day).

Udon (Ashigara) or maguro-don (Miura).. that's a tough decision!

Last edited:
Aer you leaving at 8-8:30 from Totsuka?
it's all negotiable.. time, place.
i think that as long as we are on our way, whichever way.. about 8-8:30, percent t will give us enough time to ride.
(and not too late to make my wife angry in the afternoon)

I suppose we should decide the route first!

Looks like Sunday is the better day to ride tho.. wind, sun..

Sunday's definitely the nicer day to ride, but it's out for me. I will try to join another time. Have fun, both look like great rides.

Back
Top Bottom