What's new

Help Yokohama Area -- Good Bike Shop with Kit in stock

Sean

Speeding Up
Sep 29, 2014
Good morning everyone!

Finally got my bike (2015 Giant Defy 4) and am loving it! I'm in the market for shoes/cleats, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of good bike shops that have product in stock. My guess is Y's Road is my best bet for finding stuff to try on.

Or... is it safe to purchase items online, base on sizing guides? What are your solutions? Or perhaps Tokyo has more/better stocked shopws?

Best is go to the shop to try on then buy online....sad but true!
You cannot really tell what the goods are like in terms of quality and fit until you see them, but as soon as you see the shop prices and compare them to online prices, well, press a button and wait a week or walk out now spending 30% more...?

You will get a lot of replies later probably, as it is a lovely day and a Saturday morning. If you are in a hurry for shoes, Ys will be ok. If you got your bike here in Japan I presume you are a midget like the locals and your size will be in stock and not need ordering. I prefer thrift and have bought new shoes from wiggle with free shipping. Arrived in under a week. Wait for the night shift to arrive they have a nose for bargains. I also presume you are in the market for some new pedals?

You will get a lot of replies later probably, as it is a lovely day and a Saturday morning. If you are in a hurry for shoes, Ys will be ok. If you got your bike here in Japan I presume you are a midget like the locals and your size will be in stock and not need ordering. I prefer thrift and have bought new shoes from wiggle with free shipping. Arrived in under a week. Wait for the night shift to arrive they have a nose for bargains. I also presume you are in the market for some new pedals?

I did a short cycle this morning and it was so delicious out! I actually am 180 cm, so I had to wait for my bike to be delivered. I'm still with stock pedals, so I'm in the market for those as well.

What is wiggle?

There is a fair amount of product advice and buyer reviews on here. Decide which pedal system you want. Take note and contrast with shop prices.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom