What's new

Year end totals - 2012

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Well here we are - another year that has reached the end of its gears.

I've been riding since August of 2010; here is my 2012 finish:

Count:
93 Activities
Distance:
3,553.86 km
Time:
160:13:33 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:
45,815 m
Avg Speed:
22.2 km/h
Avg HR:
152 bpm
Avg Bike Cadence:
70 rpm
Calories: 104,370c

This is from Garmin connect which I use more regularly than Strava; time to set goals for 2013 ;)

I've got just over 3200 Km on the bikes this year, less than 400Km of that is NOT pulling my trailer on deliveries. I was hoping for closer to 4000Km total, but I did not get many recreational rides in this year, I hope to next year!

I've got just over 3200 Km on the bikes this year, less than 400Km of that is NOT pulling my trailer on deliveries. I was hoping for closer to 4000Km total, but I did not get many recreational rides in this year, I hope to next year!

There's always hope!

At least you made money on your bike, my rides were much less profitable.

From Strava:
85 activities
Distance: 4979 Km
210 hours
Elevation gain: 42966 Meters
Avg Speed: 25.6kph
Avg HR: 136bpm
Cadence: 82

This doesnt include about 600Km from the start of the year when I wasnt using a gps. Rather depressingly seeing as I spent 4 weeks in Japan it only includes about 500km of riding in Japan. Still I learnt a lot that will be useful next time.
2013 targets, to do more!!

1,480km for me. Nearly the last 4 month without a ride because an @$$hat stole my bicycle. I was starting to really feel good in August and starting to do longer tours. Other metrics, my annual health checkup had a best score ever.

New ride at the end of January. I hope to have better numbers in 2013.

Jack,

I hope you get a new steed ASAP.

Managed to get in 9629(commuting,pleasure,hobby,fitness)miles this year on my Surly LHT.

From Strava:
85 activities
Distance: 4979 Km
210 hours
Elevation gain: 42966 Meters
Avg Speed: 25.6kph
Avg HR: 136bpm
Cadence: 82

This doesnt include about 600Km from the start of the year when I wasnt using a gps. Rather depressingly seeing as I spent 4 weeks in Japan it only includes about 500km of riding in Japan. Still I learnt a lot that will be useful next time.
2013 targets, to do more!!

Your HR is so low... You must be very fit

1,480km for me. Nearly the last 4 month without a ride because an @$$hat stole my bicycle. I was starting to really feel good in August and starting to do longer tours. Other metrics, my annual health checkup had a best score ever.

New ride at the end of January. I hope to have better numbers in 2013.

Here's to a better 2013

9600km, 50,428m climbing, 322 hours, 233 rides, Average speed 29.6km/hr

The year started with low totals for my first 4 months as I trialed through some knee problems, that kept my distances below 50km in a single run. Got that sorted and instantly jumped up to over 800km per month. I started doing regular runs with Ben and others on Arakawa TT track racking up over 1000km per month for a few months. Keeping up with the crew in the morning pace lines and constantly pushing into my LT zone saw my endurance and speed grow. Till eventually I went a little far, kept pushing sub 90minute 50km runs with a bad cold, and it wiped me out in late October.

Since then I have been bouncing around trying to work out what was going on, whether I needed time off the bike or whether it was the cold weather or what. This being my first year cycling I really have had no idea why I was going backwards. Anyway I have slowed down since October doing easy runs, and now am deep into the cycling bible, planning my training schedule for next year. The last hurrah for the year has me in Australia pounding out some fun in the sun runs, back on the pace with the temp being a sweet 24-25, and in beautiful coastal surrounds albeit on a tiny bike (520 about) that is 5cm short on my regular seat height and has me bashing my knees on the bars every time i am out of the saddle.

I have goals for 2013, I had wanted to start racing a bit in 2012 but it didm"t happen. I am investing in some knowledge and a power meter once back in Japan and I am going to work on getting as fast as I can given my time constraints and other activities. Hopefully to race but if not, just to blast my own PBs up various mountains and around the various courses that I ride.

Wishing you guys all a happy and fruitful 2013 on and off the bike!

:bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:

Your HR is so low... You must be very fit

Would that that were true. I am suprised at that reading myself. I would have expected it to be much nearer 150. Thinking about it, I used the app on my iphone for quite a while & that probably counts as 0. A more honest rate would be about the same as yours.

Recreational (road bike)
Distance 3,372.9km
Time 153hr 37m
Elev Gain 25,953m
Rides 87

Commuting (utility bike)
Estimated: 2600 km

Total: around 7000km.

Struggled with a back injury during October. Hoping to get some more climbing in next year.

12,000Km with 81,000m elevation for year 2012. Mostly detour-commute rides to the office (via Wada / Otarumi...) or work-related rides to central Tokyo.

Would that that were true. I am suprised at that reading myself. I would have expected it to be much nearer 150. Thinking about it, I used the app on my iphone for quite a while & that probably counts as 0. A more honest rate would be about the same as yours.

Very kind of you. Happy new year

7219 km of cycling plus 102 km of hiking and running logged with my Android phone. 90,579 m of climbing according to GPS data (not a barometric altimeter). 16 rides of over 100 km, including 11 of over 160 km.

My goal for the New Year is the same as last year, at least 100 km a week, at least one long ride a month, at least 6000 km a year and more than in the car.

cycling: 4077km total, 116 rides, avg of 35km/ride.

pool: 261km total, 112 'swims", avg of 2.33km/swim.

228 activities, almost two days out of three.

Back
Top Bottom