Yamato - Enoshima along canal

Sep 9, 2012
Camp Zama
Found this the other day on Strava. I've ridden it twice and love most of it, until I get close to the Fujisawa from there the path turns to gravel and makes frequent turns off the canal. Anyone have a route mapped that makes for a nice straight ride to the beachfront?

DeltaForce

Maximum Pace
Sep 17, 2011
Toki, Gifu
Ditto, the river is great and then you are slapped in the face with the 467 from Fujusawa. Traffic, traffic lights every 50cm, it seems to take so much longer than it should.

Then one hot sunny day, I rode down there with some Halffast guys and gal. Ira, who was leading the ride, took us on a route through the back streets that is not only traffic and traffic light free, it's quite interesting too. You even cross the Enoden line perfectly perpindicular to the tracks, and come out onto the coast directly in front of Enoshima. Try that route, you will not regret it.

It took me about 5 runs to remember the turns without referring to the GPS though, lol.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1758140

Dave

Sep 2, 2009
That is a good route. Surprised it is not taken all the way to the Samuel 'Cocking' Garden though... :confused: