What's new

Yahoo Auctions Oakleys

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
Does anyone have experience buying Oakleys on Yahoo Auctions?

The price seems right... if you consider how how the yen was a few months ago. About the same as the discounted online prices in the U.S. So it's not like one of those 4000 yen "Oakleys."

They claim to be parallel imports.

what model are they and what is the country of origin?

hmmm hard to tell, and don't let price fool you as alot of fakes get sold at RRP. Do you have a link?

Well if you are happy with them go for it!

You also want to know if they are international or Asian fit.

FYI these are great frames but unless you get the titanium ones be prepared for heavy glasses.

I have a pair of these that I bought here a few years ago and they are still going strong, as a second pair now.

I was actually talking about the sunglasses, not the prescription glasses.

I would assume they're not Asian fit if they don't say so, but I guess I should ask.

I just don't want to pay full American MSRP price for fakes, and Japanese retail is freaking ridiculous.

FYI Oakley does NOT guarantee authenticity or support warranty claims from Internet distributors unless they are genuine Oakley distributors.

I buy all of my Oakley's at the authorized dealers and they come with a warranty that has the company stamp and receipt attached.

I'd have a look at ebay as well. I've found that with many 'western' items some sellers on yahoo simply just order it from another vendor overseas who will ship them over. More than once I've 'won' a yahoo auction and then got some BS info about not having stock. When I received one of them (avalanche beacon) it had the shipping documents from the US which showed it was shipped from the US after I 'won'....eventually got to me but I wasn't terribly happy getting it later and more expensive than just ordering from the US like I could have.

I try to source locally/domestically when the price diff isn't so big and I want something to show up faster. It doesn't always work that way.... I tend to find ebay stores are pretty good at describing exactly what you are getting and work well.

Oh one last thing.

If the price is different online than in store then they are fake.

Oakley has an international policy of uniform pricing, that means there should be no price difference from one dealer to the next.

I understand the price fixing but I was assuming the Yahoo Auction people were just reselling glasses bought in the US, hence why they don't cost 22,000 yen (the US price is $160).

But since they're claiming to have warranty despite not being dealers, they must not be legit.

Doesn't matter what glasses you buy, they won't make you faster. Who can tell what is fake or real? I couldn't.

I don't care about brands, I just want something that's durable and has good clarity.

And it's not for cycling... I wear sunglasses pretty much all day every day when I'm outside.

Back
Top Bottom