What's new

Yabitsu - Yabitsu

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
I am organising a Yabitsu ride this Sunday.

Meeting place is Yamato Station at 8:30am and then ride out to Yabitsu and climbing the North side of the pass before descending down to Hadano.

We will stop for for some amazing fresh donuts and a stop at the convenience store before making a u-turn and climbing the south side and returning to either Ebina or Yamato station.

Riders can bail Hadano side and return home by Hadano station.

I love Yabitsu and would be there if I was available that day. Out of curiosity, where can one get those donuts next time?
Also, I read a blogpost, that Arashiro did a secret training ride on the South side recently. Lots of riders compete there. Up or down, I like the North side best, although the decent needs special attention.

I wouldn't say his rides are secret as he tweets or FB them most of the time.... He was over at Sasago recently.

for those interested in joining the meeting spot is now Ebina Station at 9am due to the stupidity of this heat we will only be doing the North side of Yabitsu then returning to Ebina, from here I will continue to ride though.

J

Hmm, tempted - you going via route 60?, right?

FYI, Yabitsu

Hello chaps, I am new here.
FYI, I had my first Yabitsu this morning, South side climb to pass through Miyagase-lake, then back to Seya, by 10am. Big fun and temperature did not bother me at all. Just be careful with some brain-less drivers around Miyagase who is heading to a camp site, maybe already a beer in one hand.:mad:
Hope to join sometime soon. Have fun !;)

Course is here:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/629639

KyBoy....thanks for the heads up Yabitsu is basically in my back yard... almost and I ride it pretty much everyother week, so I know the type of driver you mention.

I went but see no guys at ebina ,
looks miss the place.
I go to south side of Yabitsu by solo today.
Lets see next time!

Hi James, thanks for lead on this. Even though the group was widely disparate , it was a fun TT to the top and back. Lots of cars, though, due the weekend on the river! I managed to squeak out a 49:42 but lower half was really conservative due to the traffic congestion (and eye candy). The heat down at lower elevation was really sapping me as well. Once I could get up into the trees, everything clicked into place. The PowerTap is amazing - I've been tracking my power cycles and working on the stroke conversion from fg to geared. Getting much better average output now. :)

Back
Top Bottom