What's new

Ride Yabitsu on Wednesday

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Anyone willing to test their climbing legs on Yabitsu-toge this Wednesday (2010.03.17) ?

If you have spare time in the 1st half of the day - north exit from Hadano st. 10:00 (i am flexible, though), heading up to the Yabitsu-toge (more than once if you have more time)

PS
2Mike - I meant to send this as a PM first, but it looks like your PM-box is full at the moment

Thanks Sergey, I just cleaned out my PM box. I might be up for this one, will let you know tomorrow night. Dale and I did both sides of Yabitsu today. After Saturday's ride all's I can say is ouch:confused:

Yeah my legs are pretty heavy after today's double ascent, but the forecast looks good for wednesday. So if I can get some rest in tomorrow, I will come out for another attempt.

also, if the legs are feeling alright on the day, I'd be up for a couple of climbs.

P.S. but if this turns into another race, I'll just be letting you guys go off the front. I'm just gonna be doing a nice tempo ride.

Probaby I will join you Sergey, arriving at Hadano station North exit shortly before 10 AM. I did Yabitsu many, many times from the North side but only once from the South, so this sounds interesting. I will then continue rding down on the North side and explore some more new roads in the area.

Probaby I will join you Sergey, arriving at Hadano station North exit shortly before 10 AM. I did Yabitsu many, many times from the North side but only once from the South, so this sounds interesting. I will then continue rding down on the North side and explore some more new roads in the area.

Michael, new roads in the area? Got any secrets you wanna share with us?

Just a confirmation.
Weather looks good - so should be ok.

Mike, Dale, Michael - see you all (or some of you) tomorrow.

I am still in Roppongi but slowly I will find the way home, in my bed and than hopefully out again in the early morning light of tomorrow.

There is one road on the North side of Yabitsu which I never tried and I would like to test tomorrow; it forks off from the main road after crossing the river for the first time on the way down (or in opposite direction, when the real climbing starts) and before the short tunnel which leads to road 64, leading again to Miyagase Lake. I have seems cyclists coming from there from time to time, so I guess it is rideable.

After that I would like to ride up to Tsukui lake, take the North road extension to road 20, go up Bijotani, down, then Wada up, Wada North down, Iriyama up and down to Itsukaichi, the take the shortcut to Hachioji and hop a train home.

Or perhaps, I will have another beer right now, and take a taxi home from Yabitsu Toge.

Or something inbetween.

If I am not in Hadano by 10.05hr, don't wait for me anyway.

Cheers:angel:

Mob, I know the road you are talking about and have been on it quite a few times. It comes out just below Miyagase Dam. It's better coming from that direction as the climb isn't bad.

Coming from the Yabitsu Toge side you might find it a bit frustrating. Last time I did that I had to go very slowly on the descents due to lots of rocks. It's not something I'd recommend. But hey, if you like deserted forest roads with nice scenery then you might enjoy it:D

Thanks for organising this ride Sergey. 2 climbs of Yabitsu took it out of me and didn't really enjoy the ride home coz of a howling headwind:(

After checking the stats on that climb it is indeed a good training climb for Kusatsu. We should hit it a few more times before April 18th:D

Yabitsu : 11km at 6%
Kusatsu: 13km at 6% (is this correct?)

Dale, how's the bike looking?

Guys

Guys,

Thanks for organizing this ride, taken me with you and waiting on top of Yabitsu Toge. I enjoyed a lot and I hope we can do some more especially mid-week rides before I leave Japan end of April. I have written a post on the Positivo Espresso blog describing the whole ride, including the (much longer) solo part afterwards : http://positivo-espresso.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Guys

Guys,

Thanks for organizing this ride, taken me with you and waiting on top of Yabitsu Toge. I enjoyed a lot and I hope we can do some more especially mid-week rides before I leave Japan end of April. I have written a post on the Positivo Espresso blog describing the whole ride, including the (much longer) solo part afterwards : http://positivo-espresso.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom