What's new

Yabitsu Monday (7, 14, 21, 28)

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi all,

As a part of my Kusatsu training, I plan to do regular climbs on Yabitsu-toge (~700 meters ascent) every Monday in March, except for cold or rainy days - March 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, and, maybe, April 4th - and would welcome any TCC'er, who has some free Monday morning/afternoon time, to join. Naturally, it is not meant to replace any KT rides on week-ends, if there are any, but comes as a bonus training.

The plan is very simple - ride to Noborito station (Odakyu line), pack the bike, take an express train leaving at ~9am to Hadano st., unpack the bike, climb Yabitsu-toge from the south (usually, I do it 2 times), go back to Hadano st., pack the bike, take train to Noborito st., unpack the bike, ride home.

I recon it will take time until ~13.30 (arrive home), or ~12.30 if you climb Yabitsu once.

I am flexible with the start time, which currently is ~9am at Noborito st., but if you plan to join and want it different - let know in this thread.

All updates / cancellations are to be posted in this thread.

The first "reconnaissance" run is March 7, it's still chilly, but it's the southern slope, so, hopefully, ok to ride.
UPD: just checked the weather and it seems there is a bit of rain coming. If it stays like this until Sat - no ride on March 7, might move it to this Sunday, if nothing better comes up.

I may join you on a few of these depending on work schedule. What time depart from Hadano?

I will join you too, except for the 7th. And I invite you to ride a few loops around my "local hill" this Saturday. :)

Tim, depends on how much time you plan stay there - the train from Noborito leaves at 9:06, arrives at 9:56, +1 hour for each climb and descent, so if it's only one run, then you could leave Hadano at 11:30, for two runs - 12:30.

When/if it warms up later in March, we can come and leave even earlier.

Thomas, I am looking forward to it! Friday would be more suitable, but for Saturday I'll have to see how it works out for me and I'll text you later

I depart from Shinjuku - so just need to plan the train accordingly.

It seems like Sunday is the perfect day to do this season's 1st climbing test - I'll be taking an express train from Noborito station to Hadano at 10:00. Feel free to join and leave your name in the TCC hall of fame (whatever the time is).

No ride on Monday because of bad weather conditions

What a nice day for training - the road is in great condition, many potholes which were near the top are now fixed (not all of them though). And a good time for my first climbing session - 39:30!
P3061303_small.JPG

Ok - I went to Greenline today to challenge the 60s 'roulers'. Was looking forward to Yabitsu tomorrow - maybe I'll head there just to see (and suffer some more). How about next week? Sunday ? Monday? I'm fairly committed to a weekend training ride for this - so just let me know. 2 days in a row might be counterproductive cause I just take longer to recover from a hard hill excercise.

Ok - I went to Greenline today to challenge the 60s 'roulers'. Was looking forward to Yabitsu tomorrow - maybe I'll head there just to see (and suffer some more). How about next week? Sunday ? Monday? I'm fairly committed to a weekend training ride for this - so just let me know. 2 days in a row might be counterproductive cause I just take longer to recover from a hard hill excercise.

I am planning to keep it for Mondays only, except for cases like this Sunday-Monday weather. This training does not take too much time, comparing to a 100-150 km ride, so I'd rather do 6-7 hour long rides on week-ends.

Tim, I hope we can cross our paths next Monday - it's been a while :)

Groundhog day - woke up and it was pouring. Good call! I'll do the gym instead. Agreed, I like this kind of prep ride - close to the actual event distance and pitch and should be in and out within a couple hours.

Groundhog day - woke up and it was pouring. Good call! I'll do the gym instead. Agreed, I like this kind of prep ride - close to the actual event distance and pitch and should be in and out within a couple hours.

Not sure if I'll be here during the spring holidays but may join you Sergei if I don't go home;)

Not sure if I'll be here during the spring holidays but may join you Sergei if I don't go home;)

Ah, Mike, I knew you couldn't miss this thread!
I am aiming to beat your record this year, but it's impossible without chasing or being chased :) Hope to ride with you soon

Any thoughts about if both sides would be passable? Thinking of trying it on Saturday and then continuing to takao.
:bike:

Any thoughts about if both sides would be passable? Thinking of trying it on Saturday and then continuing to takao.
:bike:
Kori, I've descended a bit on the north side last weekend to fill my bottle from the magic water fountain and it was ridable. Definitely, more snow on road sides and wetter roads than on the south side, but not impassable, I think - be careful if you go there.

It looks like it will rain again on Monday, so I might head there this Sunday instead - 2 times from the south.

I was headed out there today but JR Odakyu guy couldn't tell me if the lione would be operating, so I just hit the Arakawa. Maybe will try again later (earlier) and see if the way is smooth. Did you go?

Tim, sorry, I forgot to update this thread. I didn't go this Monday - was riding at Tamagawa on my steel monstahinstead. The problem is my rear wheel (HED Ardennes) died, rim cracked, bearing fu**ed - that's it for me - NO.MORE.HED!

I am still waiting for my new dura-ace wheels from CRC - hope they'll come before next Monday.

Cheers!

Well so much for the Yabitsu Monday this March.
I went today, no records broken. I think I'll do one more ride on 4th of April and that's that.

What about 2nd of April(Saturday)? I'm keen to visit all the toge this year and Yabitsu was my favorite one last year. :) I think my time was 38:xx one year ago and this Saturday... well... within a hour should be good enough! :eek:uch:

What about 2nd of April(Saturday)? I'm keen to visit all the toge this year and Yabitsu was my favorite one last year. :) I think my time was 38:xx one year ago and this Saturday... well... within a hour should be good enough! :eek:uch:

Serguei, I'm up for a Yabitsu ride any day this week. Let me know if you're free:)

Kim, I might be busy on Sat, so I will stick to Mondays. But we should meet for a ride soon - it's been a while!

Mike, I am not sure about this week - I will stick to closer locations. Maybe next Monday?

Back
Top Bottom