Yabitsu approach?

astroman

Speeding Up
Mar 19, 2007
Shirokanedai, Tokyo
Question for the experts.

What is the best route out to Yabitsu from Tokyo via Hashimoto? I have searched here and on Map My Ride but I can't work out the best way. Is there a better way than just taking Routes 246 and 16? Basically I just need to get to Hashimoto as I sort of know the rest of the way to Yabitsu via the lake.

Will be riding to out Yabitsu tomorrow morning on a LSD ride with a couple of Namban Rengo ladies who are training for an Ironman.

Cheers,

Keren

m o b

Speeding Up
Jun 22, 2008
Bremen
cyclitis.wordpress.com
Saw You

Keren, I saw you rding in the opposite direction along the Tamagawa at the Tamagawahara bridge today but noticed you too late - sorry for that. I was late for my meeting with Ludwig and fully concentg on speeding ahead to make it in time. You had a nice and large group assembled, hope you had a good time riding up Onekan and later Yabitsu,

Cheers
mob

astroman

Speeding Up
Mar 19, 2007
Shirokanedai, Tokyo
Keren, I saw you rding in the opposite direction along the Tamagawa at the Tamagawahara bridge today but noticed you too late - sorry for that. I was late for my meeting with Ludwig and fully concentg on speeding ahead to make it in time. You had a nice and large group assembled, hope you had a good time riding up Onekan and later Yabitsu,

Cheers
mob
Hi Michael,

Haven't you left yet?:p I spotted the PE strip first, then saw it was you. I had the pressure of leading a group of triathletes on roads that I had only read about on TCC. But when I saw you I knew I had taken the correct bridge. Thanks to Phillip for the tip.

We had a great ride in near perfect conditions. The only problem was the heavy GW traffic near Tsukui Lake. But it was great once we turned off on to the 513 and headed for Miyagase Lake. It was only my second time up Yabitsu and first from that side of the lake.

And Kimm made it though with out a flat!

Gotta love Golden Week!

K

Philip

Speeding Up
Feb 15, 2007
Setagaya
Thank MOB. MOB showed me one-kan. Is this MOB's ghost still haunting one-kan (there was a post some time ago about MOB's ghost)? I thought he was going back to Germany? Maybe just a cheap trick to claim he has lots of friends and get free beer :)

Philip

Ludwig

Speeding Up
Oct 9, 2008
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Thank MOB. MOB showed me one-kan. Is this MOB's ghost still haunting one-kan (there was a post some time ago about MOB's ghost)? I thought he was going back to Germany? Maybe just a cheap trick to claim he has lots of friends and get free beer :)

Philip
Wishful thinking... It was his very last ride today. His dream was to put another tokebaka best time of his and the idea was for me to pull him up, a day after I did a monstrous cyclocross ride. It took us 130km to get to the start at Takao... (and no, no mountains on the way).

More about all of this on the PE blog some time soon...

Cheers, Ludwig

kimm

Maximum Pace
Dec 25, 2009
tokyo, arakawaku
I couldn't notice Michael! The last chance to see you again before you leave JP.
Keren, don't worry about the flat tube, I'll borrow you soon! Maybe tomorrow? :p
Anyhow, Yabitsu toge was great fun, and I loved the big park(?) before the Yabitsu.