What's new

UPDATE Xenforo 2.1

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Dear valued Members,

this is to announce the upgrade to Xenforo's first second-point release of their forum software (XF2.1.x) and first-party add-ons. We are going to close the forum next Tuesday or Wednesday night for a procedure that shouldn't take longer than two hours.

The new point release will implement an array of new features (the user-relevant ones in bold):

• Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Native table support in posts and other content types
  • Reactions
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • One click XenForo upgrades and easier add-on installation
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments

We thank you for your understanding and your patience and apologise for any inconvenience that two hours of abstinence might cause.

Just a little heads-up: we'll be starting our update shortly. We expect to close the forum for about an hour.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience!

@thomas, I think there may be a little bug to do with longer signatures. Not inconvenient at all, and maybe I'm the only one seeing it on my own signature...

Snap001.jpg

Thanks, Mike! That appears to be a missing phrase. Will report the issue to the developer asap.

Dear valued members, this is to inform you that we have just upgraded the forum and the media gallery to their latest version. If you happen to find any glitches or errors, please report them right here.

Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom