What's new

X Socks

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
http://www.outdoor-athlete.com/proddetail.asp?prod=X20005XSocksBikingSilver
Has anyone used these?
They seem like a great idea. Just looking for feedback.
I am pretty picky when it comes to my socks. I will only wear cycling specific socks and even wear them for everyday use I love them so much. I have had some bad rides/races because of ill fitting clothing (knee warmers caused me some problems too, and a jersey)and was looking into these to increase blood flow to my feet to hopefully keep my lactate from building at a slower rate. The best analogy I have heard about lactate and your body is to imagine a cup with a small hole in it. You can fill the cup slowly and it will drain through the hole at the same rate, but the faster you fill it the sooner it will be overflowing, just like your lactate levels in your blood. So, my focus this year will be to improve my lactate level in any way shape or form and I came across these after I noticed after massaging my legs tonight how many veins are popping out of my feet! when I squeeze my leg they look like arnold in his juice days. Thinking that maybe if I had some more flow the yoghurt wouldnt overflow as fast....

Yes I have several pairs and really like them. Not expert enough to comment on whether they actually improve my performance, but they're very comfortable and helpfully have "L" and "R" woven in to remind you which foot is which (unless it's really dark when you're putting your socks on). They've hardly shown any wear in several months of use.

It's weird registering socks online, but if they're guaranteed for two years why not!

I am wearing a knee high pair of them as I type this. I think they are great, but I am wearing them for recovery after a marathon today. Seem to be great value and very comfy.

K

How true is the sizing info on that page? I tend to find that I have to size-up with cycling socks.

How true is the sizing info on that page? I tend to find that I have to size-up with cycling socks.
I buy a 26.5 shoe. This corresponds to the low end of the range of the L-size X-sock (26.5 - 28.0). So that's what I bought. It was a little tight on first wearing, but now I find it fits well.

That's based on the Japanese size on the pack I have, not the web site. I don't know what those numbers there mean.

I got mine at Nalsima, I think. They're available from Amazon.jp too.

I've used them...nothing special though - they felt like any normal pair of cycling socks. I didn't like that tennis sock-style pull-on flap in the back; combined with shoe covers this flap gets in the way and causes the ankle to ache after a while.

http://www.outdoor-athlete.com/proddetail.asp?prod=X20005XSocksBikingSilver
Has anyone used these?
They seem like a great idea. Just looking for feedback.
I am pretty picky when it comes to my socks. I will only wear cycling specific socks and even wear them for everyday use I love them so much. I have had some bad rides/races because of ill fitting clothing (knee warmers caused me some problems too, and a jersey)and was looking into these to increase blood flow to my feet to hopefully keep my lactate from building at a slower rate. The best analogy I have heard about lactate and your body is to imagine a cup with a small hole in it. You can fill the cup slowly and it will drain through the hole at the same rate, but the faster you fill it the sooner it will be overflowing, just like your lactate levels in your blood. So, my focus this year will be to improve my lactate level in any way shape or form and I came across these after I noticed after massaging my legs tonight how many veins are popping out of my feet! when I squeeze my leg they look like arnold in his juice days. Thinking that maybe if I had some more flow the yoghurt wouldnt overflow as fast....

Actually these type of socks are normally worn for recovery and not durring riding.

God bless her!

... but they're very comfortable and helpfully have "L" and "R" woven in to remind you which foot is which (unless it's really dark when you're putting your socks on).

Not these particular socks, but I have others with "L" & "R" on them.
After doing the laundry one day, my wife expertly folded them in their respective pairs and said, "You've just got these two; next time we go to the shop, we'll see if we can pick you up pairs "M", "N", "O", "P" and "Q"!"
She is very precious:love:

Back
Top Bottom