Worst drinks vending machines?

snoogly

Maximum Pace
Oct 14, 2007
Machida, Tokyo
Lots of interesting nuggets on the combini thread - but I wonder what people judge to be the worst drinks vending machines?

For me it's Dydo. Somehow they are the only ones around in my most desperate spells of exhaustion and dehydration. I have only tried a few of their 'beverages', but they all induced spasms of horror, and a lot of spitting.

I have no intention of completing my research by trying them all ...

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm3.static.flickr.com%2F2259%2F2403361830_c7a92d5cb4.jpg%3Fv%3D0&hash=423accd9c7c46530780832d170dd4077

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Oh man, when i read this I laughed. You are right on Snoogly. Their sports drink is hideous but on 2 occasions I've been forced to buy it. I avoid the good ol' DyDo vending machines like a plague! Even the name says it all. Trying saying it over and over for about 20 seconds and it sounds like it tastes!

p.s. Snoogly, I just noticed you're in Machida. We're real close. Do you ride much?

Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
Gatorade, Hot Coffee or Zero Coke. In summer, I'll down Oolong tea too.
Won't touch any of those un-tested concoctions. I read an article on Dy-Do once about there marketing ideas... funny how I can't recall any of it.

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Setagaya
Yikes! What are the chances of that?
Pretty slim, I'd say. That nutty internets. What's even nuttier is that I just opened my desk drawer at the office and found that very can sitting there. Of all the coffees I "reviewed," that's the only one for which I still have the can. For the life of me, I can't remember why I stored it in my desk.

TCC should make it a trophy or something.

Deej

Philip

Speeding Up
Feb 15, 2007
Setagaya
"I leap up, quickly mince toward them then turn around, pull down my pants and defecate noisily while glaring at them over my shoulder."

:eek: Deej, you have raised the Armstrong 'look' to new levels . . . nice review by the way :)

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Setagaya
"I leap up, quickly mince toward them then turn around, pull down my pants and defecate noisily while glaring at them over my shoulder."

:eek: Deej, you have raised the Armstrong 'look' to new levels . . . nice review by the way :)
Hey, anyone's words can look strange out of context! As you know, that sentence is part of a seamless, well-reasoned review of a can of coffee.

DJ, Yea thats really you. Most amusing. I must confess that in a blind taste test I think all the canned coffee would taste the same. Except I could tell the black from the whitened. I think I spend 1000 Y a day on various weird machine beverages. Mostly coffee.
In the AM I just warm up some just Blend Coffee [ 7-11 plastic bottle.] and drink it with a bit O some whitened can stuff. [ whatever ] And I am from Seattle ! [ nearly ] I am SO ashamed ! TODO

Trek DJ

Maximum Pace
Jan 27, 2009
Kobe
Ahh.....Dydo sucks......very funny thread.

However, my favorite drink is......sports drink, forget the name, somewhat rare....comes in an orange can and is orange in color.....whats the name?...??
Gah....not pocari sweat or aquarius....begins with E maybe? Anyhow, its super tasty. Tastes a by like cytomax only a "flatter sweetness" which is good.

(I just came back from a hilly ride, a bit out of it)

Davad

Warming-Up
Oct 15, 2008
Koto-ku, Tokyo
It`s called ENERGEN. I have negative associations with it because it was one of the sponsors of the Honolulu marathon, that I entered, paid for, flew to, and THEN SLEPT IN AND MISSED.......

(How do you say `loser` in Hawaiian?)

DOMO That is a very interesting thing about the nicotine being something else. Guess I can't quit smoking yet.
And don't feel too bad about sleeping through the Honolulu Marathon. I think I have slept through at least 4 myself. I think that's the most enjoyable way to do a marathon.
I have rode around after it and others though. Triathletes / Marathoners seem to be a bunch of slobs, you can totally follow the course by all the MT goo packets strewn about on the road. But whatta you gonna do tuck a oozing open goo packet in your shorts and I guess SOMEBODY eventually picks it up. I bet at the Tokyo Marathon the garbage gets picked up before the race is even over.

It is a different chemical that sounds like nicotine when you read it in Japanese.