What's new

World Championships Live Thread

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
Hello,

I cant find a good video feed of the World Championship Road Race in Italy going on right now.

Can anyone provide direct working link?

Thank You,

Chuck

Thanks all. German is actually Austrian stream I think (ORF), therefore can take a bit of getting used to.

It is chucking it down there too, which could make for some interesting racing. I wouldn`t go out in that.

Narrow course and the Italians are controlling things well. Shame it's raining though.

Cancellara or one of the sprinters will take it. But my money is on Cancellara

Sir GB has packed it in?
Manx Missile out?

Unfortunately Sir Bradley Wiggins handling of his bicycle on wet descents is something that will seriously hamper his efforts to become world Champion. Manx Missile, well if team GB is riding for Sir Wiggins then Cavendish is on his own as we saw in his brief employment at Team Sky.

Last edited:
Sir GB is like dog's diarrhea on a rainy day when it comes to handling on wet descents.
Is that entirely fair? A whole host of factors would have contributed to him retiring and as for his less than stellar performance on wet descents as one who races at a high standard do you not think that even on his worst day in his most unfavoured conditions he could still hand you your ass gift wrapped?

You obviously do not follow professional racing Musashi, Brad Wiggins has very little confidence descending in wet conditions.

As for handing my arse gift wrapped - uhhhh duh yeah that's why he commands the salary he does and why I race domestic pro, and trust me I get as good as I give from my fellow competitors.

So please point out where my comments are unfair?

All the big names of Team GB are out apart from Geraint thomas.

So witty comments aside that seem to upset some, the course and conditions favor Cancellara and the only one really able to counter is Vincenzo Nibali, especailly with a lot of the other big contenders are out.

I'm a little confused as to why you think I should respect him? Should I hold him up as an icon like many did for Lance Armstrong?

You obviously do not follow professional racing Musashi,

Same goes for you, if I might stick my neck out :)
GB team was riding for Froome all the way (although he not in contention anymore), Both Cavandish and Wiggins was on the front pulling at the earlier part of the race… specially Canvendish.

Have you seen the course? Unless the sprinter is named Sagan there no way a sprinter will win this race

Same goes for you, if I might stick my neck out :)
GB team was riding for Froome all the way (although he not in contention anymore), Both Cavandish and Wiggins was on the front pulling at the earlier part of the race… specially Canvendish.

Have you seen the course? Unless the sprinter is named Sagan there no way a sprinter will win this race

Touche

Although I only joined the race about 10 minutes ago due to a wedding anniversary celebration.

Yes Segan is the only sprinter that really stands a chance on this course - however the question is will team loyalty win over nationality if it came down to Nibali and Segan?

But we shouldn't rule out Thor Hushovd either.

I'm a little confused as to why you think I should respect him? Should I hold him up as an icon like many did for Lance Armstrong?

I would personally expect a pro not to slag off a fellow pro by comparing his riding to " Dog's diarrhea when descending in the wet " on a public forum.

I'm sure good ol' Brad speaks very highly of you.

I would think as an aspiring cyclist you harbour some empathy for those at the very top of the profession. I assumed you had an inkling of what it takes for those we watch to be at the top of the game. It was obviously wrong of me to believe you were more than a cynical fanboy trying to emulate the deity de jour.

There is a difference between putting someone on a pedestal and showing them a modicum of respect for the effort they put in to their work, be that binman or world class athlete.

I would think as an aspiring cyclist you harbour some empathy for those at the very top of the profession. I assumed you had an inkling of what it takes for those we watch to be at the top of the game. It was obviously wrong of me to believe you were more than a cynical fanboy trying to emulate the deity de jour.

I grew up watching the sport during its darkest days and over the years became more and more disgusted with the sport and the so called pro's. I know exactly what it took to get to the top of the game and decided that I wasn't prepared to "do" what was needed. So forgive me if I don't look at these guys thorough roses tinted glasses.

There is a difference between putting someone on a pedestal and showing them a modicum of respect for the effort they put in to their work, be that binman or world class athlete.

Yes there are a lot of pro's in the peloton I respect for many different reasons however Brad Wiggins is not one of them.

I would personally expect a pro not to slag off a fellow pro

Really, better tell that to Brad and Cav as they have both come out with some choice descriptions of not only their fellow riders but also their fans.

Back
Top Bottom