What's new

World Championships 2010

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Cancellara TT champ for the 4th time! He's still untouchable.

I wonder how the road race will go. Gonna have to get some beer&snacks this Sunday - a top-level race at a decent time for a change (14.00?), it'd be a crime to miss it.

Yeah, Cancellera is a dominating rider and likeable, too. Millar had a great ride, glad he got to stand on the podium.

I'm with you on Sunday! Forecast is for rain, so might as well cool a few beers, order in some pizza and settle down in front of the telly. :)

Predictions?

Mine is Gilbert if a break or Cavendish if a bunch. Friere 3rd choice.

I think it will be Cancellara again - it looks like this guy is super motivated, all he needs is a bit of luck and to chose a right moment to go (or to flip that switch under the brake hoods :D)

My second fav. is Oscar Freire

Is Kolobnev there? - he's got 2 silver medals already, I belive he's getting fed up with silver already :)

This is also my prediction for the podium.

I like to pick outsiders and preferably Aussies....so will stick with my biased formula again this year.

Would like to see Gerrans finish off in front this time. He was there at the end last year but Cadel had the better timing.

Gerrans will be out for revenge and he may be the best all rounder out of the Aussies with some good stage wins in Europe under his belt.

So Simon, if the field splits up in the later stages with a breakaway group or Allan Davis if they stick together for the sprint.

The home crowd and local knowledge has already proven a big advantage for the Aussies.

It's a very demanding course. The 22% peaks on some of the hills should kill off all the sprinters after a few laps.

oh damn, it's on already - 8:20am (gotta run for my beer :D)

what a finish!!!!!

I got 3rd at least....

Yukiya was there as wellllllll...

Thor is a deserving winner...

Cadel defended like a true champion was in all the right places but the peleton held on....

Too bad for the Italians... and where were the Spanish?

Gilbert was the strongest, but congratulations to Hushovd!

Peloton appearing out of nowhere - didn't expect that. What a show!

1 Thor Hushovd (Norway)
2 Matti Breschel (Denmark)
3 Allan Davis (Australia)
4 Filippo Pozzato (Italy)
5 Greg Van Avermaet (Belgium)
6 Oscar Freire (Spain)
7 Alexandr Kolobnev (Russia)
8 Assan Bazayev (Kazakhstan)
9 Yukiya Arashiro (Japan)
10 Romain Feillu (France)

Awesome Race! Great job by Arashiro and Beppu. Gilbert attacked too early but we'll never know.

Great race, I was really surprised the peloton came back (both times; I thought that first split with the Nibali and Visconti going off the front was going to be decisive).

Cadel rode a fine race and honored the jersey, fighting the whole way.

I think Gilbert was hoping to take a couple of guys with him on that last attack, but when he ended up alone it was never likely he'd make it.

Interesting mix of riders in the final group, turned out to be an interesting course. Melbourne's a nice looking city.

Back
Top Bottom