Attached! I was struggling a bit behind the nanny proxy.
Tim's already advised me that it's a straight forward repair. Refill the holes with epoxy and punch new rivets to hold the guide in place. Unfortunately I don't have the materials or the equipment so off to a LBS to have this done.
I tried reattaching the cable stop with epoxy. Initially, it appeared to be a strong enough bond. However, after exposure to the noon time sun, the epoxy must have softened up and the cable stop popped off again. It was fortunate that I found the cable stop after a bit of back tracking and I wasn't too far from home.
I had the guys at Positivo punch in a new rivet for me this afternoon. I should have done that in the first place instead of faffing about for the week!