What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Withdrawn Wilier Izoard XP 2013 Full Carbon ¥100000

gleenn

Warming-Up
Apr 15, 2015
Beautiful red and white full carbon frame and fork, perfect condition, no visible cracks or scratches.
Groupset is Shimano Ultegra 6700. Frame size is 54cm.
All stock parts.
I bought the bicycle brand new in May 2014, so the bike has less than 1000km on it. I'm moving and don't have space for the bike so I must get rid of it unfortunately.

Extras:
I can sell with or without the Shimano clip pedals at a reasonable price.
I swapped out the stem for something a few centimeters shorter. You can have original stem as well as the shorter one which is on the bike.
I also have a bike bag, and some misc tools which I am pretty negotiable on.

DSC_0713.JPG
DSC_0714.JPG
DSC_0715.JPG
DSC_0716.JPG
DSC_0717.JPG
DSC_0719.JPG

I will check all of this as soon as possible, please wait!

I am located in Asagaya.

OK, great. The crank length should be written on the inner side of the crank arms themselves, i.e. 170, 172.5 etc. To check the front fork you will need to dismantle the headset and confirm the serial number of the fork, which is inscribed on the part that's inside the head tube. If it is within this range you (or any buyer) should contact them for replacement: LH 0001 ~ 4000. If you're not confident about it, perhaps it's good to take it to a shop (maybe the one you bought it at) and have them check it for you.

As an afterthought, do you still have in your possession original documents showing the purchase of the bike? This is needed to transfer ownership to any new buyer. Since it was only about a year ago I suspect these should be available. Was it registered with the police on your name?

Regarding the last point about original documents needed to transfer ownership--a simple letter stating that you own the bike, and that you are transferring ownership to a named purchaser is all that you usually need. If you have the original documents, good, but it is not and should not be a deal breaker--police will accept a letter as described (even in English). I believe the recall was for 2012 Wilier Iozard xps sold in the US between Jan and Oct 2012...

Last edited:
Ah great, I can definitely give you a letter for the police, etc. I did in fact register it with the police. I bought the bike in Japan in May 2014 so it is most definitely not affected then.

Please confirm the serial number on the steerer tube, regardless of when you bought the bike.

Thanks.

That's right. The link says anything that they "shipped" between Oct 2011 and Oct 2012 is suspect. This is 2013 model, which is most likely made in 2012. Also, it makes no specific limits on markets (such as US), but of the three models sold in Japan and pictured there, your red/white is clearly posted. BTW, don't take this as any form of discouragement, but as a chance to get a new fork for free.

Fair enough. I will try and get this sorted out but honestly I'm running out of time, my flight out of Japan is next week.

It takes literally 5 minutes to undo your stem bolts and top cap, slid the fork out, look at the number on it, slide it back in, tighten the top cap, then tighten the stem bolts.

I ask you to do this as I don't want a sale going through this site of a potentially lethal bike. I know the chances are it is probably fine, and also that nothing will happen, and also that you are a straight up guy, but as there has been a manufacturer recall I have to insist.

Sorry for the strictness.

LJ1795. It was easier than I thought, so thanks. After all that though, I've decided to just mail it to myself. I'm out of here Tuesday and have way too much crap to do to clear out. What's the protocol for removing stuff for sale? Cheers guys.

DSC_0739.JPG

Back
Top Bottom