What's new

Wiggle wildness

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
I don't know who they have working at Wiggle these days, but their service is terrible. My Felt frame cracked recently and I'm trying to get it replaced as it's under the 3 years advertised as the warranty on the Wiggle website.

The responses I've been getting have been wild - full of spelling mistakes and strange grammar. To quote;

"Unfortunately, the warranty period for the UK on Felt frames for two (2) years against processing and martial defects, from the date of purchase and or delivery.
I am truly sorry to be the barer of this news."

Martial defects? I wasn't fighting in a war, I was just riding to work! And he's a "barer" of bad news, well I guess that kinda works. :confused:

When I told them about the 3 year warranty that was advertised on their website, the response was this;

"I cannot currently confirm the link that you have sent as our sit seems to be under repair."

That's classic! The Wiggle staff can't access the Wiggle website? (I'm assuming he means web site, not the chair he is trying to sit on.) This guy is a comedian!

Anyway, they've gone into my Wiggle account and removed my order from the list and show that I've been 'refunded' (which I haven't) so I guess some dude at Wiggle has pocketed a tidy bit of change. :susp:

What a bunch of sleazy bastards! - it might be time to change our kit supplier..

I dunno...

They just processed a return I sent them maybe a week+ ago (NOT a frame), and everything looks fine on my account page--saying they'll credit my card, etc.

In that message, everything looked normal, no mis-spellings, or the other stuff you have encountered.

I don't know who they have working at Wiggle these days, but their service is terrible. My Felt frame cracked recently and I'm trying to get it replaced as it's under the 3 years advertised as the warranty on the Wiggle website.

The responses I've been getting have been wild - full of spelling mistakes and strange grammar. To quote;

"Unfortunately, the warranty period for the UK on Felt frames for two (2) years against processing and martial defects, from the date of purchase and or delivery.
I am truly sorry to be the barer of this news."

Martial defects? I wasn't fighting in a war, I was just riding to work! And he's a "barer" of bad news, well I guess that kinda works. :confused:

When I told them about the 3 year warranty that was advertised on their website, the response was this;

"I cannot currently confirm the link that you have sent as our sit seems to be under repair."

That's classic! The Wiggle staff can't access the Wiggle website? (I'm assuming he means web site, not the chair he is trying to sit on.) This guy is a comedian!

Anyway, they've gone into my Wiggle account and removed my order from the list and show that I've been 'refunded' (which I haven't) so I guess some dude at Wiggle has pocketed a tidy bit of change. :susp:

First off I would request that they have a non-Japanese member of staff deal with this issue as it seems that because your account is shipping to Japan the Japanese team is dealing with it.

Secondly I suggest when sending links to them also add screen shots of that screen - the reason for this is that the 3 years may have been a mistake and it was changed back to 2 years or a price point may have been incorrect and they have changed to the correct price (That happened to me - the advertised price was wrong and in my favor, obviously I ordered based on the listed price and they honoured it)

Finally check all you documentation and send that info.

Also depending on the order that was cancled and how you purchased it can take a working day for the refund to show in your account..... yes things in this modern age are quick but one thing I have learnt is that banks and the government are always reluctant to give you your money back as quickly as theey took it.

Last time I got a refund it took 3 days for it to clear, so before you start excusations of theft I would see what happens over the weekend.

But first off I would get a native speaker dealing with the issue of the frame as well as contact FELT directly to see what they say.

Yeah, it feels like my emails have been redirected to Nigeria. This morning I just wrote another email to them via the website and asked to talk to a different person (so far the guy's name who has been dealing with me is "Ham". He has mentioned that a rich relative of his has died, and he just needs a few hundred dollars from me to finalise his inheritance of which he's going to cut me a share, so that's good news.)

The refund won't go through because my credit card has been changed recently, and when I asked him directly about it he totally ignored me (he didn't make any excuses or "excusations" ;) but I'm sure making accusations, not of theft but of incompetence.)

If I don't get a reasonable answer I'll try to call them. Yep, a screen shot is a good idea, I'll do that.

Wiggle, love them and hate them. Their corp communiction verbage is pitiful. But I think they have a very challenging job to provide direct warranty service for the thousands of brands they provide logistics for. This is the unfortunate 'nature of the beast' for e-tailers that pass off all repsonsibility in lieu of cutting profits. And the risk that consumers must be willing to accept in lieu of a 'face' instead of an offshore call center. So - you just gotta bear through it.

They just refunded me, no probs, on a floor pump on which the pressure gauge decided to stop working (just under 2 years old). Though have to send a GP4000S tyre back that, to me, has a manufacturing defect.

Haha, just read that article.

Assumes a hell of a lot, and gets most of it wrong.

I like how it gives advice at the end too; I am sure the guys at Wiggle will be ever so thankful for that...

Some steps towards success yesterday! I emailed Wiggle again and asked politely to be referred to someone other than Ham, aka, the "barer of bad news".

This new guy that replied was most professional and said that indeed it should be a 3 year frame warranty (godness knows where Ham got his 2 years from.) Oh, and the "refunded" item was my mistake, it was from old out-of-stock order.

So, moral of the story; if you end up dealing with a clown at Wiggle - keep trying! :D

I used to work for Evans Cycles and we would get thousands of warranty issues come directly to the shop. We would then have to contact the manufacturer and more than likely send it back to them for repair/inspection... This would take them forever!

So it's not always the shop's fault that things take time.. Depends on the manufacturer, sometimes they would just give us the go ahead and do a straight replace if its a common problem, sometimes it would take weeks for them to even agree that there is a warranty issue.

Bullshit I know, but I have shopped with Wiggle for years, apart from my time at Evans for staff benefit reasons, and their customer service has been impeccable! ;)

As a mfg , I know the warranty issue is somewhat an enigma. The mfg has the last right of refusal - so , if the dealer / shop wishes to deal with the warranty claim out of network, that's their perogative. However - most mfg will request an ROG (return of goods) in order to inspect and qualify any claims. And this is generally within 6weeks (or more) of receipt of goods. So - if you're the end customer and getting a warranty service within 90days - that's pretty good. Especially for some of the 'big box' etailers that liquidate other distributors stocks which are a very grey area in terms of factory authorised warranty servicing.

Back
Top Bottom