What's new

Wiggle returns

Chuck

Maximum Pace
Feb 7, 2011
Having a bit of trouble with a Wiggle return item. The item I returned, after two weeks, still sits in their warehouse in Chiba awaiting bulk shipment to the UK, which they say could take another 3 weeks before receipt. Only on receipt will they refund the money for the item or ship a replacement. Wiggle customer service has been pretty dismissive and unhelpful.

I've read that several people have returned items to Wiggle and was wondering if my experience is typical, or if I'm just 'lucky.'

Cheers...

I found wiggle brilliant right up until I had to return something ...then it became a slow expensive process. You get lured into a feeling of safety because there are so many review on the website about how easy the returns process is....
.....in the UK:(

I've never had to return owt so can add nowt. But @Karl don't leave us hanging, what is this item?

Just a helmet.

I'd never have bothered to return it if I'd known the process could take two months... sheesh!

Using their return method is a bit cheaper than returning it yourself, but this is the payoff. Actually wiggle is no longer the cheapest online shop on the block. And their range is very limited these days. I don't shop there at all anymore.

They advise you, as the process takes so long, to just reorder the item and wait for the credit refund. The bulk returns system is to save you international shipping costs. You still lose a bit of money through the handling process though.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Using their return method is a bit cheaper than returning it yourself, but this is the payoff. Actually wiggle is no longer the cheapest online shop on the block. And their range is very limited these days. I don't shop there at all anymore.

Wiggle lost Garmin, Pearl Izumi, and other brands I liked. I don't use them nearly as much as I used to. Probably won't use them much going forward, now that I know that returning items is so problematic (and customer service reps are dismissive). I'll feel better anyway giving the LBS more of my business.

I returned some trail running shoes a few years ago. The refund took a long time (probably around 2 months) but it saved me some money in not having to ship it internationally. If you order stuff from international online shops, you can't really expect LBS service so I wasn't complaining.
As others have said, wiggle isn't really all that cheap nowadays. I almost never shop there now.
I ordered some tyres and a power meter from Starbike recently. Takes quite a while, and more of a hassle than popping down to my lbs, but 6700 versus 14,000 yen per tyre and I'd prefer to go the online route.

They advise you, as the process takes so long, to just reorder the item and wait for the credit refund. ...

I looked pretty carefully but didn't see anything in the web site's return information for Japan that indicated it was better to return an item for refund and reorder than it was to return the item and wait for a replacement to be sent. That is what CS rep told me to do today (after 2 weeks of the item sitting in Chiba). Although that method will be quicker, and I should have the helmet in a couple weeks (vs 6+ weeks)... the downside is that I have to pay for the new helmet before they confirm receipt of the old one, meaning I'm on the hook for two helmets now. And if anything goes wrong at customs, or for some reason the 1st helmet gets lost.... I've bought two helmets, as per their policy.

Amazon, they are not.

I found wiggle brilliant right up until I had to return something ...then it became a slow expensive process. You get lured into a feeling of safety because there are so many review on the website about how easy the returns process is....
.....in the UK:(

Maybe my experience with Amazon has spoiled me, but they make returns very easy, and they keep you informed of where the item is in the process. Wiggle could and should have, at a minimum, scanned in the item when they got it at their shipment center in Chiba and notified me that, at least, it wasn't lost in the mail. Can't be that hard to do, IMHO.

So I had this problem with Wiggle returns before. Same thing happened. I kept pushing them because they never recevied the item because it was still at the Chiba warehouse or so they said. Anyway, I pushed and pushed and they asked me for proof of sending it. So I took a pic of my postal receipt sent it to them and they processed my refund soon afterward.

As leicaman said, Wiggle is no longer that cheap and I have not bought anything there for a long time. Also they bought out Chain Reaction so don't think you are getting any better prices there either. They have gotten too big for their britches!

If anyone is still using Wiggle and thinking about returning an item, think very carefully about how you do it. DO NOT send it to their local forwarding center in Chiba by regular mail. It will disappear into the abyss. Even if it is more expensive, send it directly to the UK via a company that gives you a tracking number. Wish I'd known then what I know now. As for the story of my return item.....

The excuses continue. Three weeks after sending it back, the return item was supposedly waiting on a pallet at the Chiba facility. A week later, they claimed the item was still in Chiba. A month after it was sent, they claimed it hadn't been 20 business days so couldn't investigate where it was. Today, 45 days after being sent, they claim there is a backlog in their returns section but they'll get right on it. They still haven't refunded my money.

Back
Top Bottom