What's new

Why don't more TCC'ers race Cyclocross (CX)?

Not true. Was racing there too last weekend and would call myself gaijin. It was a fun course and nice event.

Hi Alex! Yes, saw you post on their FB page. Sadly, after I posted this topic here. Good of you to make it. It was a blast for sure.

I can't speak for anyone else here but there are a few reasons why I don't race cyclocross, or any other discipline for that matter.

With a different discipline comes the need for another bike. I don't have the space nor the funds to buy a cyclocross bike. I don't know how much racing a season would cost all-in but I'm sure it would soon add up. I used to race downhill in the Japan national series and the travel costs alone were really expensive. Im sure there must be more cyclocross events in the Kanto area than downhill though so perhaps not quite so expensive.

And here comes the biggest reason I don't race. I'm quite a competitive person. I know that if I started to race, I would want to do well and would start taking it far too seriously. The main reason I ride my bike is to get out of the concrete jungle with my mates and have a good laugh. I want to keep it simple, go out riding to have a good time with my mates (and of course take a few selfies along the way ). I feel that if I started racing, I would lose sight of that. I don't do Strava for the sole reason that when I go out riding, I don't want to be chasing KOM's, because I know if I do, I will.

And here comes the biggest reason I don't race. I'm quite a competitive person. I know that if I started to race, I would want to do well and would start taking it far too seriously.

That is why we always let you win on every climb. We want you to have the best and most stress free time possible, and if we rode properly and started caning you as would definitely happen, you would want to beat us, and it would no longer be fun for you.

We care about you, basically.

I'm racing at Nobeyama CX with Daniel and GS Astuto wi be there to heckle. Hope to see you there. My son will race in the kids race too.

Back
Top Bottom