Jul 23, 2011
Well there's the:

For exercise
To feel the air in my hair
To enjoy the outdoors
For fun
To release stress
To have fun with my friends
For the beer (don't drink myself but it's a legit answer)
To see somewhere new
I love the speed

Anybody have a better way to put 'it' into words?
Time for the linguists and poets to make their mark, haha.

Because I like the feeling of the pain when I crawl up the mountains in 53-13.

The agony of being beaten across the finish line by 3 cm at a race.

The sensations of being about to vomit durring cardio training and that taste of blood and acid when you push so hard you think you're going to black out.

I ride because I am a slave to a cruel mistress that sometimes rewards me.

525414538284edfbd8dfo.jpg

I like beer too.

Nice, nice!

That's what I'm talkin about, haha.

Anyone else?

It's the closest thing to being a bird that there is.

Also very good!

Didn't think of that (but oh so true).

Riding is freedom. Once you're on a bike you are set free from:

1) Mind clutter - cycling is better than anykind of meditation for mind focus.
2) Distance - there is nearly no where you can't go on a bike and a few handfuls of stolen food.
3) Limits - you can push yourself harder than your body can handle and still 'make it'.
4) Economics - everyone is equal on a bike.

Good observations, thoughts.

Made me remember that cycling does clear the mind too.
On my bike I forget about other things in the world- it's just me and my bike on an adventure (challenge).

Riding a bike was weekend exercise for me.
and the way of compete with someone(in a event or training).

But since I met TCC guys last year,it's been changed.
Cycling is communication tool as my non-pronounced language for me.
Although I cannot speak English well,I have a lot of foreign training mate now.
This is so precious:)
I never thought such occasion when I started to ride.
DSC07785.JPG

Fumiki, just to set the record straight. You met Positivo Espresso riders who are also TCC members... A subtle but important difference...

Good seeing you this morning.

Because it is bloody brilliant, that's why.

So many different types of bikes you can ride, and even in one main category, there a tonne of sub-genres.

-I love the feeling of speed
-I love the technology
-I love fiddling with the bike
-I love looking at other peoples' bikes
-I love the kind of people it puts me in contact with
-My Mum does it, and it is basically the only thing we have in common, so definitely helps what has been a difficult relationship
-Mint Sauce
-Getting into arguments about minutiae
-You can actually feel yourself getting fitter between the start and the end of a long ride
-Makes walking seem weird and dreamy
-Pulling of a new trick when doing any kind of stunt riding is amazing
-Sort of feels like you are living on the edge of society, which I love
-You get to see the most amazing places at the perfect pace to enjoy them

-When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, we are going to be the ones who are the most mobile.

Cycling is communication tool as my non-pronounced language for me.
Although I cannot speak English well,I have a lot of foreign training mate now.
This is so precious:)

Yeah, I totally agree with this.

When I was riding BMX a lot at skateparks, the mix of people you got down there was incredible. We used to go off in small groups on street missions, and one time I remember remarking to myself how funny it was that the 5 people in the group were a trainee accountant, a refugee from Kosovo, myself, a carpenter from America, and a bloke who was on a tag for dealing drugs (he had to go home before 7pm, haha).

I can not imagine anywhere else in the world, outside of cycling, that such a mixture of people would happily hang around together for hours on end, not judging eachother and just having a laugh.

It just seems that the fact you are sat on a bike that you care for is an instant ice-breaker. Love it.

I'm down with the Zombie Apocalyspe thing. After the earthquake I suddenly felt like Ultraman compared to all the salarymen trying to hoof their way around on discarded mamachari - and with no base conditioning they were dropping like flies anyway.

Ride a bike - BRING IT ON!

Oh yeah - the 'non verbal communication' :

Glance over shoulder - sense the level.
Raise (or lower) pace to gauge and setup.
Attack and destroy.
Smile, smirk or sulk as required.
Repeat.

Yeah that was pretty immense after the quake. Riding was definitely funny, with all the people on bikes on the street.

I was stuck over night in Saitama after the big one.

Many good answers (keep em comin).

After a nuclear blast electronic things/circuits won't work so bikes may be one of the only forms of readily available transportation.

To get my lard back in shape, so far it is going well, but I have more work to do.

Riding a bike makes me feel like a kid again, as a kid I loved to ride my bike, anytime anywhere, I rode that bike! :D

Back in the dayz me and my younger bro used to watch the GT (back when they were a real Huntington Beach Co.), Haro, Dyna and other teams do their stuff on the half pipes and flatlands on their BMX's.
Incredible what those guys can do.

I practiced bunnyhopin on my 24" and made up a trick.
Have a small scar from when I messed up.
Fun stuff but you gotta be careful.

The meditation comment was a good one, the same goes for me.

I love being out in the middle of nowhere too, no bullshit from other people and the usual media tirade that is modern everyday life. I also love swearing at the top of my lungs when I think I can't get up a hill and half of me wants to give up, and screaming out in joy when I'm flying down the other side.

I love stopping and having pure peace and quiet, just the birds and maybe the flow of a river stream.

I love that feeling where your legs are feeling just right, click it up a few gears and crank up the speed over a nice smooth road.

That feeling of achievement when you get through a long and hard ride and then the feeling you get each time you go back and do things a little bit better.

Back
Top Bottom