What's new

Help Who wants to organise and guide 2 week bike tour around Tokyo ?

tho

Cruising
Dec 1, 2010
Dearest Tokyo Peloton,
I've started a bike tour business in Kagoshima, www.japanbiking.com, and got a request from a travel company to arrange and guide a 2 week bike tour for them in the Tokyo/Kanazawa/Noto area, 4 times in 2011. As I don't know the area so well, I'd like to partner up with a local cyclist.
Are you interested in/capable of/available to arrange a 2 week tour and guide it as well beginning of April & beginning of June ? I could guide in July & October. Or do you know somebody who has the necessary to do this (self-reliable & confident with a group of foreigners, bilingual EN/JP & organisational skills) ?
Give a shout !
Thanks a lot,
Thomas 'Beans' Holvoet

Dag Thomas!

Sent a message to your website contact.

Cheers,

Tom

Dearest Tokyo Peloton,
I've started a bike tour business in Kagoshima, www.japanbiking.com, and got a request from a travel company to arrange and guide a 2 week bike tour for them in the Tokyo/Kanazawa/Noto area, 4 times in 2011. As I don't know the area so well, I'd like to partner up with a local cyclist.
Are you interested in/capable of/available to arrange a 2 week tour and guide it as well beginning of April & beginning of June ? I could guide in July & October. Or do you know somebody who has the necessary to do this (self-reliable & confident with a group of foreigners, bilingual EN/JP & organisational skills) ?
Give a shout !
Thanks a lot,
Thomas 'Beans' Holvoet

I looked into guiding briefly and it looked like to be a legal guide you have to pass lots of tests and get a liscense etc.

What qualifications do you need?

Until retirement (six years and about a month away), those times don't jibe with my work life. After that (3/31/2017), I'll be free.

But if you want to bounce around ideas/info on Kanazawa and Noto, I'll certainly chat a lot.

@TOM: Dank je for the message. Am intrigued by the VLAAMS bike ;-)
@Kori: as far as I know, the travel company doesn't ask any qualifications.
@jdd: Can't wait April Fool's 2017 ! If I decide to do it, I'll definitely ask your help for road ideas.

Night !
I talked to an experienced bike guide and he advised against cycling in the Kanto whatsoever. Do you think him right ?

I talked to an experienced bike guide and he advised against cycling in the Kanto whatsoever. Do you think him right ?
No. What nonsense. Kanto has everything.

Ok just to shed some light on to the legal side having just set up a training camp and having about 6 years experience in setting up character building and leadership courses in Japan, below is just some of the things that we need to make sure are in place, trust me there are plenty more!

• You will need comprehansive insurance for yourself and every rider.
  • You will need to have a qualified professional lead the tour or course.
  • A qualified (And up to date) 1st aider for every 30 people attending.
  • Emergency procedures in place in case or accident, injury or death.

Also depending on the amount of people attending the tour you will need some experienced supervisors to back you up.

This isn't like a typical saturday morning Coffee ride, there are many things that need to be covered.

Oh and Kanto is an awesome place for Tour riding!

Back
Top Bottom