What's new

Who makes the most comfortable bibs?

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
I have used a wide variety of DHB bibs with varying results. However, I recently discovered that some Wave One bibs with one of their premium pads (1000 yen extra...) I won at an event were very, very comfortable.

What's your favorite bibs/pads?

Assos. Good comfort, extremely well made. Last for years.

Assos +1. But also I like my Owayo and Odlo bibs. And some totally worn out no name bibs are still pretty good for up to 150 fast km.
For me it depends on how I ride. For fast rides (lots of pressure on the pedals and more time in the drops) up to 150km I need less padding. Relaxed rides even for a shorter distance I need more padding.
On more thing I noticed it that some bib/saddle combinations feel better than others. Try and error it is, I guess.

I didn't know Lusso bibs, but they seem interesting. I might give them a try next (when ever that is - too my bibs for my 1-2 rides per week).

Last edited:
Rapha pro team are super comfy although they only seem to last a few seasons before the back panel turns a shade of brown and becomes slightly see through.

I've started to ride Void bibs the past couple of years and I'm super happy with them. The chamois is pretty much on a par with Rapha but for much less money.

Rapha pro team are super comfy although they only seem to last a few seasons before the back panel turns a shade of brown and becomes slightly see through.

I've started to ride Void bibs the past couple of years and I'm super happy with them. The chamois is pretty much on a par with Rapha but for much less money.

I think Void uses the same pad manufacturer (La Fonte) as Wave One. The black pad in their old Void shorts is one of the options that is available.

I like my Castelli Volo bib shorts with the KISS Air chamois pad a lot. 100km in those feels like 40 km in a 2nd rate bib short.

I've been doing some research for a fall kit and this was very helpful. It looks like the Assos T.tiburuShorts_s7 Bib Shorts gets very high marks, but there are other bib shorts recommended for different rider profiles.

On Void, those look pretty good and found a nice review online here. For those that have them, did you buy them overseas or if in Japan, where?

Bringing this back to life for questions.
My bibs are dying, so it is time.

My issue is sizing.
188 tall
88kg
86cm waist

I have some L, some xl, some xxl.
Depending on the brand, all three fit and don't fit.

Looking for some summer bibs for 3-6 hour rides.

Opinions on brand and size!

I got 7mesh's Mark 3 bib shorts and they a miracle. They kept the bits of me warm at -5 degrees (well, the bits that they were responsible for, at least) and last weekend at 30+ degrees they were flawless. I just didn't feel them. The straps are super comfortable. The grippers are great, my bibs just don't move. The downside? The price, they are not cheap. I think I paid 20,000 or 25,000 ¥ for my pair.

Of course, I don't know how they will fit you, @bloaker.

Back
Top Bottom