What's new

Who is heading to Tokigawa this Sunday?

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
I'm thinking about going for a spin up to Tokigawa this Sunday morning and it'd be cool to meet up with other riders, so just out of interest who is planning a Tokigawa ride for Sunday? I'll be heading west along the Tama River and then north from Oume into Tokigawa. So if you don't mind some extra company, post your routes and we'll organize a meeting point.

Possible to tag along, depending on start and place?
I'll be heading out from Hino on Sunday morning . I'm flexible on meeting place and time, the earlier the better though, and can meet you pretty much anywhere along your planned your route. Would you mind uploading your route so we can sort a meeting place.

Last edited:
I'll be heading out from Hino on Sunday morning . I'm flexible on meeting place and time, the earlier the better though, and can meet you pretty much anywhere along your planned your route. Would you mind uploading your route so we can sort a meeting place.

Guilty of not reading (your) post with adequate care - I've got no route, nor am I capable of producing one of any real use (I'm the guy who can't get ride with gps to work right remember?)

Was assuming you had one in mind - for the record I'm pretty flexible too - for now can we go back to my reply and change it to:

"I'm interested in following some good people up into the hills this Sunday if there's something happening."

Guilty of not reading (your) post with adequate care - I've got no route, nor am I capable of producing one of any real use (I'm the guy who can't get ride with gps to work right remember?)

Was assuming you had one in mind - for the record I'm pretty flexible too - for now can we go back to my reply and change it to:

"I'm interested in following some good people up into the hills this Sunday if there's something happening."
No probs, What area are you coming from? How about we do this route, I've done it once and we can beat the traffic by starting early.

I'll be coming from the Chiba end of things, up the river most likely. His makes meeting your route a little difficult.

Interested in working out a halfway point or "the spaceship" (think I know where that is) which is roughly halfway maybe?

Ok, how about we aim to meet at the spaceship at 7:30 am on Sunday, from memory regular rides start from there at about that time so we might be able to link up with a bigger group heading out to Tokigawa.

I'll probably use a route like this and then catch the train home:

Ok well looking like Sunday's on for me, up the river and over the hills with some company hopefully - will do the long haul from Chiba and be at the spaceship at...

How does 8:00 sound?

i'm keen on Sunday. I'll try to catch up with everybody. anytime at the spaceship works for me.

Ok, it looks like the consensus is an 8am start. I'm gonna have to keep a steady pace to catch my train home, nothing crazy but just a decent pace. I haven't ridden the Arakawa before so I'll leave it to those with better local knowledge to keep us on course. Here's the route, partially purloined from @TokyoLiving

I know this route well enough. I can help with the navigation.

I would suggest descending sadamine after shiraishi. the 9km descent is one of the best ones imho. and it gives you an option to end at either ogawamachi or myokaku eki.

I know this route well enough. I can help with the navigation.

I would suggest descending sadamine after shiraishi. the 9km descent is one of the best ones imho. and it gives you an option to end at either ogawamachi or myokaku eki.
Ok, sounds like a plan. I'll have to bail after Shiraishi as I need to be on the 10:56am train from Myokaku.

@Conrad if you are planning on meeting at 8am and doing that route, you've got no chance of getting to the station by 10.56.

@Conrad if you are planning on meeting at 8am and doing that route, you've got no chance of getting to the station by 10.56.
Yep, I might have to bail at the start of Shiraishi and jump on the train. I'll keep an eye on the time and see how I go.

Here's a better plan. Train to Hanno and Run along the green line descending sadamine to ogawamachi.
Infinitely more rewarding than riding the river/ Sakado and bailing before it gets nice.
Anyway sorry I can't join you I have other plans for tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the spaceship at 8am tmr. No worries @theBlob , let's catch up another time, I plan on exploring Tokigawa several times this year as time allows so I'm sure we'll have a chance to ride together.

Back
Top Bottom