What's new

Where to ride in Tokyo??

oggy

Warming-Up
Dec 22, 2010
Hello!!
i'll be moving to Tokyo (in Ikebukuro) in the middle of Feb for work, just until the end of May.
I intend to bring my road bike as i'll be coming without the girlfriend and kids, and hope to be able to do some training.
I'd like some advice please on where it's possible to be able to get some training in without having to drive outside Tokyo (i' won't have a car), and also are there some organized training rides on the weekends, if so where do they go from??

thanks for your help

ps my profile says Junior cyclist, wish it was true!! Sorry but i can't find where to change it

Welcome to tokyo!

Junior cyclist means you haven't posted very much-- it has no relation to age:)

There are no standard or regular training rides but someone organizes something almost every weekend. Depending on you love of elevation gain and masochism quotient, different rides will pique your interest.

Some people ride out to the mountains-- from ikebukuro you can bike out on the arakawa river, for instance. Or you can take you bike on the train! Search the forum for 'bike bags' or 'bikes on the train' etc for more details.

Enjoy!

bikely.com

This website has a number of good rides mapped out as well. If you get lost, it just part of the adventure, bring some yen and you can get a cab or train back home.

Hello, thanks for your answers and the tip on the bike bag.
I'll look through a bit more thoroughly the other posts and find the rides and info.
David

Back
Top Bottom