What's new

Tech Where to buy cycling glasses with prescription lenses

OreoCookie

Maximum Pace
Dec 2, 2017
I need new cycling glasses with prescription lenses, but all shops in Sendai only sell cycling-specific "Asian fit" frames by Oakley — which do not fit my head. Or a few Adidas frames which are just generic sports frames, but lack the vents, for example. Do you know of any shops (also in Tokyo or so, I go there a few times a year) with expertise in sports eyewear and non-Asian models?

Surely if you know your prescription, a supplier outside Japan could help? Having said which, I don't know which one.

Oakley store Landmark Tower, Yokohama offered prescription lens service last time I was there. I'm sure Landmark Tower is still there, not sure about the Oakley store. It was years ago I was there and I bought a non-asian frame.
Maybe a good idea to search for an Oakley store in Tokyo and give them a bell/mail.

@CoffinDodger
A new pair of glasses with prescription lenses will cost me between 60,000 and 80,000 ¥, and frames as well as the lenses, like clothes, have to fitted and tried. I don't want to spend that kind of money unless I know everything fits.

@Tanki
Are there any other brands you can recommend that are available in Japan? Apart from Oakley (not a huge fan of their design to be honest) and generic sports frames from Adidas I haven't seen anything that is compatible with prescription lenses.

We have a few J!ns shops in Sendai, and I tried their offerings. Their frames do not fit my face (as they advertise on their website, they make frames specifically adapted to Japanese … :(), it doesn't seem to be compatible with "Asian fit" frames. When my everyday glasses broke last year, I had to import a frame without trying it first for ¥¥¥¥¥.

Back
Top Bottom