What's new

Help Where to buy cheap cycling clothes in Tokyo?

EsuIru

Cruising
Jul 29, 2017
So, got a bike.
Want to get back into cycling.

In the Philippines, most marketplaces have cheap roadbike gear for $5 shirts/pants. In USA, I usually order from Amazon at about $10-14 shipped via prime.

How about tokyo?

Clothes can be plain, I was thinking of just using gym clothes, but padded shorts really are needed for long rides....

AliExpress has plenty of cheap stuff. I haven't tried cycle wear from them but others seem to be happy enough with it. Just avoid the counterfeit copies as the quality tends to be quite low.

AliExpress has plenty of cheap stuff. I haven't tried cycle wear from them but others seem to be happy enough with it. Just avoid the counterfeit copies as the quality tends to be quite low.

How's the shipping time from China? Friends who've ordered in USA say it takes 3-6 weeks. Is it much faster if you're in Japan?

It usually takes about two weeks if they have the product in stock. If you do end up ordering something post a comment here and let us know what the quality is like.

ive got a bunch of ali express ones. take 1-1.5 months depending on your luck.

it's quite a hit or miss. ive got a couple of really nice ones but 1 or 2 really sucky ones. but for the price, i really can't complain.

Racmmer (on AliExpress) does some nice designs, but their fit is too deep in the chest. Designed for bulky gym rats not your average pencil-pushing cyclist.
This one might be okay though, looks like more of an aero fit: link

I feel like I've seen a similar design to that somewhere before?! :warau:

Racmmer (on AliExpress) does some nice designs, but their fit is too deep in the chest. Designed for bulky gym rats not your average pencil-pushing cyclist.
This one might be okay though, looks like more of an aero fit: link

So, got a bike.

In the Philippines, most marketplaces have cheap roadbike gear for $5 shirts/pants. In USA, I usually order from Amazon at about $10-14 shipped via prime.

How about tokyo?

Clothes can be plain, I was thinking of just using gym clothes, but padded shorts really are needed for long rides....

So, got a bike.

How about tokyo?

If you are living in Tokyo now I have loads of used cycle clothing which has been donated to me. I run a charity cycling team in Japan called the Knights in White Lycra and every Yen we sell the clothing for goes to our chosen charity. If you are in Japan let me know and I will send you some clothing photos.

I wonder how they perform compared to the real deal. Can't be that bad I reckon. Not sure I would like to do 200-300km in their bibs though.

A quick update. I ended up getting some bibs and a jersey from Racmmer. Delivery took 18 days, the jersey has open weave mesh on the sleeves and sides, and is very light weight, good for summer. The bibs have a slightly narrower pad than I'm used to but seem to be doing their job, the stitching is not incredible and the material doesn't look very hard wearing but they are a perfectly serviceable piece of kit. A word on sizing, I'm 176cm and 72kg, I went for an L size bib and an M size jersey, and they are comfortably snug.

A quick update. I ended up getting some bibs and a jersey from Racmmer. Delivery took 18 days, the jersey has open weave mesh on the sleeves and sides, and is very light weight, good for summer. The bibs have a slightly narrower pad than I'm used to but seem to be doing their job, the stitching is not incredible and the material doesn't look very hard wearing but they are a perfectly serviceable piece of kit. A word on sizing, I'm 176cm and 72kg, I went for an L size bib and an M size jersey, and they are comfortably snug.
Would you think that the bibs would be ok for short 40km rides? I need some cheapo bibs for my morning Arakawa rides. For that a price I could buy a week's worth for half the price of a decent pair

Yes, they should be fine for short rides. Bear in mind that the sizing is quite small, I usually take a medium bib in Euro sizing, but I ordered a large Racmmer bib and it is quite snug. I'm actually more impressed with the jersey. For the money, it is surprisingly well thought out and comfortable, but very light weight so only for warm weather. This is the jersey I ordered.

Back
Top Bottom