What's new

Where can I wash my road bike in Kanagawa/ Machida

Dwalsh

Cruising
Sep 30, 2013
Hello all,
I was out riding yesterday and ran though a patch of mud on my road bike. Normally I just give my bike a good wipe down with a warm cloth however, I'm going to need a hose this time around and my wonderful social law abiding wife says I can't use the tap at the park.... or our shower..:/

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Sell it dirty, buy a shiny new one. When the wife asks, tell her you were only following her rules.
She might let you wash the next one. :)

Bust seriously, you can use a bucket? - I don't know where you live, so can't really help.
In my building, I use the car wash port.

How bad can it be?

Musashi13 recommends the Tobias method.

Just take it to "your friend's house" (the park) who lives "near the park" (he doesn't live near the park) where you'll use his "outdoor tap and front car space" (the tap in the park) to clean your bike. Under cover of darkness if need be, because he is "late back from work" (he isn't, it's the park).

ps, your friend is Korean and his name is Mr. Park. He is a very helpful TCC member always there to help when your bike or other things (like communication with your wife) get muddy.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I was out riding yesterday and ran though a patch of mud on my road bike. Normally I just give my bike a good wipe down with a warm cloth however, I'm going to need a hose this time around and my wonderful social law abiding wife says I can't use the tap at the park.... or our shower..:/

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Grow some balls and take it in the bloody shower with you man. Failing that grab a bucket of soapy water and wash it in the street.

Just a note: The hot water tends to break down the dust (and other particles) that gets mixed in the chain lube which causes the shower room floor to get grimmy. In my case, my shower floor has those anti-slip ripples where the grime gets caugth which I have to clean up during/after I finish my own shower. Better clean that up well if you're not living alone.

Just a note: The hot water tends to break down the dust (and other particles) that gets mixed in the chain lube which causes the shower room floor to get grimmy. In my case, my shower floor has those anti-slip ripples where the grime gets caugth which I have to clean up during/after I finish my own shower. Better clean that up well if you're not living alone.

As does mine, actually the wife is happy when I need to take the bike in to the wet room/shower room as it means it gets a really good clean afterwards including the rippled flooring and all the other nooks and crannies, although the dog tries to hide as he knows regardless if he's been out with me or not he gets a scrubbing too.

When we re-did our kitchen about ten years ago, I tried to talk the wife into an oversized dishwasher.

When we re-did our kitchen about ten years ago, I tried to talk the wife into an oversized dishwasher.

Hey no need to get an oversized one - I often use mine as a parts cleaner when the wife is out. Although she came home to find a complete DA groupset in it and only laughed...... 15 years together I think she used to it by now.

Thanks for all the great replies!

I ended up giving her a good scrub down on the balcony! Besides, who wants to blast a good bike with a hose anyways?!

TCC, it would be great to see a section on this in the new Wiki!

There are as many ways to clean a bike as there are cyclists. Good luck making a wiki out of that.

Agreed. There will be very little consensus on this subject, which will cause issues. We may have to create a meta-wiki purely to deal with the ensuing conflicting opinions and methodologies. At the very least, the topic should be divided into methods which do and methods which don't use free-flowing water.

Back
Top Bottom