What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted Wheel truing stand

JackTheCommuter

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
I am looking to either rent or buy a wheel truing stand. If you have one you'd like to rent or sell, please PM me. I am considering purchasing this new: Minoura FT-1 combo. But with only occaisional use, it's a bit much.

FYI: I am in the Futako Tamagawa area.

I have an FT-1 . I use it for a general maintenance stand (gluing and cleaning) wheels. For most 'occasional' maintenance - why not just clip something on the seat stay or fork? That will get you as close as one of these stands if you're just taking out wobble more than a couple mm. Otherwise - better to have a more durable (solid) stand and tensionometer to get within 1-2mm. FWI I true to within .25mm (lateral and rotational) on most wheels - and the stand costs more than 200,000 yen.

Jack you are welcome to use mine. I have a park TS-7 and a dish tool.

I am looking to either rent or buy a wheel truing stand. If you have one you'd like to rent or sell, please PM me. I am considering purchasing this new: Minoura FT-1 combo. But with only occaisional use, it's a bit much.

FYI: I am in the Futako Tamagawa area.
If you are looking to build you're wheel on it then I would suggest a different model, it's ok for basic trueing but for building.....forget it.(I have this stand)

Where are you located Jack?

If you want to come by and borrow the stand that I built a while back, please do.
I have a homemade dishing tool and a Park spoke tension tester as well.

Cheers!

Jack you are welcome to use mine. I have a park TS-7 and a dish tool.
Where are you located Jack?

If you want to come by and borrow the stand that I built a while back, please do.
I have a homemade dishing tool and a Park spoke tension tester as well.

Guys. Thank you for the generous offers. I'm near the Futakoshinchi station (the Kawasaki side of Futakotamagawa) but have a car so I can swing by with the wheels to straighten or borrow the kit for a weekend. I will reach out when I think I'll have a weekend free.

This is to bring one of my bicycles I had a crash in to a rideable form, to use as a foul weather commuter. Both wheels were way out of true... I started fiddling with the rear one couple of weekends ago, using the brake calipers as guides. I got it to the point where it doesn't rub side to side... but wasn't prepared to fix the vertical wobble. I don't have a spoke tension meter and thought if I were to continue, I might ruin the wheel.

This is to teach myself skills and also a chance to figure out how to do a spoke replacement in the field.

Stu: That's a fantastic bit of steampunk looking truing stand.

Everyone else - Thanks for the advice.

How about we do another 'Wheels and Wheels' night and I give a basic seminar on wheel truing and field repair? I think once riders understand the basics of how a wheel goes together it makes it much easier to do this type of maintenance. And you can bring over any bent (or not) wheels to give a spin on the P&K.

How about we do another 'Wheels and Wheels' night and I give a basic seminar on wheel truing and field repair? I think once riders understand the basics of how a wheel goes together it makes it much easier to do this type of maintenance. And you can bring over any bent (or not) wheels to give a spin on the P&K.

Yes please!

OK - how about next Thursday ? (18th) I usually do these the last Thursday each month - but the 18th will auspiciously located just before the Tour de Kusatsu so I'm sure a few people will want to drop by and get their kit checked.

Yeah, I'd be up for that too!

Jack, Sunday's are usually the best bet, but a Saturday morning is also possible if you want to come by and give the wheels a spin.

Cheers!

OK - how about next Thursday ? (18th) I usually do these the last Thursday each month - but the 18th will auspiciously located just before the Tour de Kusatsu so I'm sure a few people will want to drop by and get their kit checked.
What time of day are we talking about?

I'm open on times - but generally I started these about 6pm - 9pm or so. But, perhaps just making it an open house from about 2 or 3pm is best.

What time of day are we talking about?

That sounds awesome. Wheel repair is one of the things I still don't know how to do. where will this be? :)

Back
Top Bottom