What's new

Wheel Building Supplies

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Hi Everyone - we've started stocking a fairly broad selection of wheelbuilding components and will continue to stock more and more. If you have good DIY skills, then this is an excellent way to build up your 'dream wheel' at a great cost.

We're now an official distributor and /or stockist for:

Pillar : great prices on high quality Aero spokes, nipples and especially famous for their Ti spokes.

HubSmith : They make some of the lightest alloy hubs around that you can actually afford. We're talking under 70gr (front) and 190gr (rear)

YuHub : One of our favorite 'Elite' straightpull hubs. A little heavier than HubSmith, but features forged body and straightpull spoke configurations. Also, this is a 'no tools' hub so you can quickly service the freebody without any tools.

Bitex : Our favorite economy hubset. One of the oldest mfg in hubs and solid reliability. Just a good, honest hub at great price.

FAR : We are the exclusive agent for FAR in Japan. This gives us access to one of the largest carbon fabs in Asia. We will be stocking on-hand a broad selection of rim blanks in both clincher and tubular formats. I'm under oath not to disclose the 'famous' brands - but I know for a fact that several of you are riding our rims under various 'names'. The main reason I chose them is that we have direct feedback into the mfg process and highest level of QC management. So, we can guarantee a higher consistency in quality as well as provide the most up-to-date tech in the prdt. For example, the FAR clincher extrusion is probably the highest quality on the market today. And we've gotten our 20mm rims down to less than the magic 250gr which makes them one of the lightest available.

Plus we have access to alot more 'factory direct' direct items such as Ti Skewers, Ceramic Jockey wheels, CX specific components, etc etc.

You're welcome to PM me with any questions.

Great, I'm going to want to build some super tough wheels for the new trailer when that project gets going!:cool:

No problem, Stu! We have some 2.0mm quad butted spokes that exceed 400kgf @6mm breaking strength. Combine those with some 48h BMX hubs and rims and I think they'll do pretty good. Any more than that and we'd be into Motorcycle range (also possible).

No problem, Stu! We have some 2.0mm quad butted spokes that exceed 400kgf @6mm breaking strength. Combine those with some 48h BMX hubs and rims and I think they'll do pretty good. Any more than that and we'd be into Motorcycle range (also possible).

Do BMX Hubs have disk brakes? Got to have disc brakes for the parking brake :D

Then I'd go for the A20M - it's a downhill hub. 36h and we can open it up to fit the 2.0mm spokes easily. Should be fine up to 150kg static loading.

Do BMX Hubs have disk brakes? Got to have disc brakes for the parking brake :D

Back
Top Bottom