What's new

Help What's This Part Called?

Forsbrook

Maximum Pace
Feb 13, 2008
And where can I buy them?

Sorry about the photo quality,it's the curved black thing coming out of the shifter.

Called a "Noodle" usually.
But I've only ever seen them at the brake end of a V-brake cable. I'm not sure where you'd buy them - maybe local bike shop.
AW.

Called a "Noodle" usually.
But I've only ever seen them at the brake end of a V-brake cable. I'm not sure where you'd buy them - maybe local bike shop.
AW.

Cheers Alan,

I know it looks like a v-brake noodle but it isn't one.

I'll defo try the LBS tomorrow to see what they say.

Im just wondering why you have your shifters in such a high position that you require the noodle in the first place? Just curious.

Im just wondering why you have your shifters in such a high position that you require the noodle in the first place? Just curious.

I'm using them on a butterfly handlebar.
They do look pretty high in the photo but actually they are almost the same height as the stem.

I do like the Long Haul Trucker tho! That was one of the bikes I was considering prior to buying my salsa.

I do like the Long Haul Trucker tho! That was one of the bikes I was considering prior to buying my salsa.

Yeah,it's a great bike very comfortable over long distances.
I'm building another one up in time for Spring and some touring.

How's the Salsa ride?
I was debating whether or not to get one instead of another LHT but finally I went with the Surly because my current one has served me so well.

The Vaya and Fargo both ride great, but different.
I was comparing the Vaya and the LHT before I ever considered the Fargo. The vaya is significantly 'livelier' than the Fargo and was pretty much the bike I was looking for. I ended up riding the Fargo and Vaya back to back for hours before really deciding which one.

The reasons I went with the fargo:
1) My wife has a vaya and I am a stronger rider, so the disadvantage of me on 29 x 2.2 tires helps make up some difference.
2) I already have a road bike and a cross bike - the vaya overlapped a bit too much, the fargo added a long distance mountain bike to my collection.
3) I am not sure how to describe the ride on the fargo, it is either like a beach cruiser or a tractor. It is insanely comfortable but slow.

Biggest problem I have had with the fargo - It is huge! There is no rinko bag I have seen near big enough - especially with the touring racks.

I'm using them on a butterfly handlebar.
They do look pretty high in the photo but actually they are almost the same height as the stem.

haaaa... thanks now it all makes sense.

Bloaker,

I hear you regarding trying to get a big bike into a rinko bag.
Mine is 62cm and with the racks and fenders it's all but impossible.

I guess the size means that we won't be able to 'cheat' and take the train when we go on tour.

Exactly! I did a ride with my wife to Kamakura and we had to take the train back to due time and temp changes....

I had my Mont-bell bag over the back and then a 100Y tarp over the other half... not to mention it was loaded, so the bike was easily over 20kg... not fun carrying in the station.

My 60cm trek fits in that bag without issue.
The bottom of the drops of my Fargo are even with the tops of my bars on the Trek - it's just huge.

Biggest problem I have had with the fargo - It is huge! There is no rinko bag I have seen near big enough - especially with the touring racks.

I wonder if Jules would have something or could make something your size. Worth checking.

Back
Top Bottom