What kind of new front wheel do I need?

Dec 4, 2008
Tokyo
The original front wheel on C/dale BB Disc now has 2 broken spokes and perhaps I should replace it. I kinda knew from the off that the components were slightly cheap & cheerful....

So my riding is clumsy commuting. And clearly the new wheel should be disc-compatible, 700c variety. Any reccomendations, preferably in words of 3 syllables or less, for this challenged poster?

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
The original front wheel on C/dale BB Disc now has 2 broken spokes and perhaps I should replace it. I kinda knew from the off that the components were slightly cheap & cheerful....

So my riding is clumsy commuting. And clearly the new wheel should be disc-compatible, 700c variety. Any reccomendations, preferably in words of 3 syllables or less, for this challenged poster?
I guess you would be needing this pronto?

Tim, (GS Astuto) what is the status of the parts for my front wheel for the Mixer? :D

You see I'm going to 26" wheels from 700C on my Mixer to give me a larger tire selection, I've also decided to build a front wheel that will have a Dynamo hub, so 700C disk brake compatible front wheel I have I'll not be using at all.

This wheel is bomb proof for commuting, it is a very strong 36H rim, it has survived a year's worth of bashing around on my Mixer pulling my trailer full of beer, and is in great condition. I'd let it go really cheap too...... ;)

Tim..... Tim.... please pick up the white courtesy phone..... :D

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
@Stu - I guess we've bumped up the priority on this?? FYI - I've backorder several Dynamo Hubs - the latest Ultegra bearing version for both discbrake and rimbrake. They will probably be arriving within a week or so.

In meantime - I can easi;y patch together CD's broken wheel. I have lots of spokes and a cutter.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
@Stu - I guess we've bumped up the priority on this?? FYI - I've backorder several Dynamo Hubs - the latest Ultegra bearing version for both discbrake and rimbrake. They will probably be arriving within a week or so.

In meantime - I can easi;y patch together CD's broken wheel. I have lots of spokes and a cutter.
If CD does not mind a patched wheel for now, then let's leave my wheel builds until next year, I'm rather busy this time of year :rolleyes:

Dec 4, 2008
Tokyo
CD could use your old front 700c rim or learn how to rebuild his existing wheel. I was looking at the DT Swiss site hoping to pick up some info; is anyone of the opinion that the existing rim is of sufficient quality to base a rebuilt wheel upon?

Either way I'm happy.:bike:

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
CD could use your old front 700c rim or learn how to rebuild his existing wheel. I was looking at the DT Swiss site hoping to pick up some info; is anyone of the opinion that the existing rim is of sufficient quality to base a rebuilt wheel upon?

Either way I'm happy.:bike:

I just put the 26" wheel on my Mixer, so my 700C disc compatible wheel is just gathering dust. Make me an offer :D (Dics not included, tire is about 50% gone)

Dec 4, 2008
Tokyo
I just put the 26" wheel on my Mixer, so my 700C disc compatible wheel is just gathering dust. Make me an offer :D (Dics not included, tire is about 50% gone)
Is it safe to assume that my disc will simply swap over to your wheel? I do have a 700c rear wheel (unsure on details, it's in my storage unit) mistakenly acquired a while back, and maybe some misc components, to swap/barter.

Maybe if I were to drop over later this week would be an idea?

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
My wheel is for the Shimano Center Lock type of disk brake.

Sure come over, either in the morning, or after 8PM

PM me and I'll send you the details, I'm in Shinjuku :D