What's new

What is your after-ride recovery food/drink?

pedalist

Maximum Pace
Jan 24, 2015
Usually I don't care much about what I eat after coming back from a ride. Mostly I eat whatever is in the fridge (always hoping for leftover dinner or cake). Often oats are part of my after-ride menu (because it quickly made and filling).
Anyway, today's ride was pretty tough and I'm wondering what I could do to recover a little quicker since I've go a busy schedule this weekend going places (by bike).

Food at this time of year would have to be somen.
Drink would have to be "Boston Ice Tea". :tup

I had leftover shabu shabu (boiled pork) salad with sesame dressing after my ride today. I also had a 500ml Coke as a treat. Usually, I eat a load of rubbish, but I'm trying not to do that anymore as I need to lose weight.

Not riding enough to merit it these days, but once upon a time it was a giant smoothie.

Two bananas, a big spoon of protein powder (DNS vanilla), some milk, maybe frozen blueberries, top it off with yoghurt and hit it with the immersion blender.

I had leftover shabu shabu (boiled pork) salad with sesame dressing after my ride today. I also had a 500ml Coke as a treat. Usually, I eat a load of rubbish, but I'm trying not to do that anymore as I need to lose weight.
...that sounds fancy. I haven't had shabu shabu for ages. I'll make sure to cook a little extra next time we're having meat. Actually my wife just came up with a nice lemon-chicken recipe. That'd make a fine salad, too. But honestly I didn't feel like eating salad right after that tough ride. A meat sandwich would have been nice, though.

Not riding enough to merit it these days, but once upon a time it was a giant smoothie.

Two bananas, a big spoon of protein powder (DNS vanilla), some milk, maybe frozen blueberries, top it off with yoghurt and hit it with the immersion blender.
That sounds awesome. I've got no blender at hand right now, but we've got fresh blueberries at the shop. So I might give it a try with masher or fork (getting it ready pre-ride).

The smoothie sounds nicer than my salad but I'm dieting. I like adding natural peanut butter to a smoothie. Very tasty.

I love my banana milk shakes after a ride: I take a handful of ice, two bananas, some maple syrup (alternatively honey, but I prefer maple syrup), a dash of cinnamon and fill up with milk. Blend. Ooooh, I so want one now.

I sometimes like to mix it up with other fruit such as kiwi, but that's more of an expensive treat, unless the kiwis were on sale. If I were in Europe or North America, I'd also use berries, but that's too expensive for me here in Japan.

I love my banana milk shakes after a ride: I take a handful of ice, two bananas, some maple syrup (alternatively honey, but I prefer maple syrup), a dash of cinnamon and fill up with milk. Blend. Ooooh, I so want one now.

I sometimes like to mix it up with other fruit such as kiwi, but that's more of an expensive treat, unless the kiwis were on sale. If I were in Europe or North America, I'd also use berries, but that's too expensive for me here in Japan.

Maybe you could, uh..., throw a couple few Oreo cookies in? o_O

Back
Top Bottom