What's new

What did you do on your Velo (cycle) today

Chris Williams

Maximum Pace
Dec 21, 2013
Took my Winter hack to pay some bills in a town 50 kms away. Used the green lane to get there as very windy and raining. Only saw 2 people and 1 dog in 97 kms, that will soon change when come back to Japan. On the way back - into the wind could only get in places 17kmph with heart rate at 156bpm. Cycle is as came out of the Moulton workshop except for the large 57 teeth front ring.

Attachments

• P25-01-14_13.54.JPG
    P25-01-14_13.54.JPG
    692.5 KB · Views: 26
Long-time, quiet lurker here, but had a great ride yesterday and thought I might share. Yokosuka to Odawara. Ride out was easier than the ride back. Through Zushi, very few stops. The stretch from Kamakura to Odawara was particularly nice. We found something called the Pacific Bike Trail and that was great, while it lasted. Several times though, I had to ride through light sand and gravel (sometimes I stopped and carried my bike.)

The way back was windy and sand got in your eyes. At the tunnel outside of Zushi, in heavy traffic, a lady was watching video on her cell phone and she started converging onto the slim bike lane. I had to pound on the back of her car. Surprised her.

Riding up Ashuna past the mountain on your left, I realized I left my gloves, a new pair of Hincappie winter ones, at the verrrrrry bottom of the mountain. That was crazy. Back down, got 'em, back up. Actually felt quite good when it was done, but the sinking feeling when I realized it. Ahhhhh, shhhhh. . .

Almost 75 miles for the round trip. Chuck did a custom fit on my bike about a month ago and it paid in spades. The level of comfort I felt made the trip easy. Gotta say, I love cycling.

Thank you both for sharing.

We have a thread called Today - [Month] [Year] that's ideal for mini-blogs such as the posts above.

Went down to see the flooding around the Le Bai de Mont Saint Michel. I thought yesterday was wet, today came home like a mud monster - great fun, reminds me of my mountain bike races.

Went down to see the flooding around the Le Bai de Mont Saint Michel. I thought yesterday was wet, today came home like a mud monster - great fun, reminds me of my mountain bike races.

Cool.... Not following news that direction, is this weather-flooding or is it part of the efforts to get more water around it (recall this starting to happen)

Cool.... Not following news that direction, is this weather-flooding or is it part of the efforts to get more water around it (recall this starting to happen)

They are working to restore the Mont to an island - been working on it for ages, build a new 2km bridge so they can remove the old raised road. The floods are because of all the rain and wind we have had since Christmas... Our village (that is the road surface) is 10m above sea level, the river is about 4m lower than that and it is at least 6kms from the sea. The river is brilliant for canoes as we can go both ways as slow moving but in the winter it floods. Luckily we live up a long steep (25%) hill so if it reaches us then the whole village would be under 15m of water......

Day off work so went on my Moulton down towards Fourgeres, across to Antrain back up near Le Mont Saint Michel and home. Lot of it on old railway lines so muddy. Took it easy so almost 6 hours in the saddle.
Route

Last edited:
Chris - as noted above we have a thread running for our daily rides and little details from our day.
This is the January one:
https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/today-january-2014.5144/
As of tomorrow, a new one will appear for February, so please post your updates in there. No sense to have concurrent threads on the same subject, hence the creation of the monthly ride thread.

But they already have one.........

Back
Top Bottom