What's new

What did Santa bring you for Christmas?

DanBell

Maximum Pace
Apr 26, 2010
Seems like a lot of people have been getting some sweet bike schwag over the last couple of weeks, so... what did Santa bring you for Christmas?

Santa (me) got me this Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0SL. He knew exactly what I wanted!

Nice bike.... would look great with red cable housing and bottle cage bolts just to highlight the red on the pedals and a nice white saddle with some red highlights again.....hmmmmm.

Santa also has great taste in pedals!

Santa Brought me:

Fuji Altamira 1.0 (Full 7900 Dura Ace, Carbon Clincher wheels)
Cycleops Power Tap Pro Plus (built in to Mavic Cosmic Carbone)
Garmin 500
Shimano RW80 winter riding shoes
Roubaix windproof bib tights
Ceramic bearing set (For Pinarello FP3)

Santa (me) got me this Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0SL. He knew exactly what I wanted!

Sweeeet! How do you like it? I have been looking at the Canyon site on a daily basis in the past few weeks. Is that the EVO frameset or did you order the complete bike from Canyon?

If you have more pics, please upload them to the Bicycle Garage. :)

What did I get from Santa so far?

- three sets of Conti GP4000s (German, not Taiwanese)
- a San Marco Mantra saddle (my new favourite)
- a GoPro Hero cam
- Oakley spare lenses
- and for the daily commute: "waterproof" socks. Looking forward to testing them.

*Santa, not Sata. Boo my attention to detail.

I went ahead and picked up the complete bike, as I wanted SRAM and couldn't find it much/at all in Japan. I think Canyon have done a good job with their pricing. If you know the geometry you want, they have some really good deals. Great spec for the price, basically Mavic Ksyrium Elite, SRAM Force, and Ritchey WCS. The bike is exactly what you'd expect from a modern aluminum frame. It is stiff and responsive with powerful acceleration, really leaps forward with each crank. I haven't taken it out for any distance yet, so the jury is still out on the comfort scale.

Santa (still me) also gave me the Time i-Clics to go with it, and some Sidi Ergo 2's as well.

Santa gave me a bonus (first job to ever do that! :D:D) that will fund a large part of my Kii/Shikoku tour. (though I do have to work from the 24-28th:()
And wind proof tights. And new summer gloves (Santa thinks ahead)

SurlyCyclist; Get that giant black plastic disk off ASAP.

Aside from that, nice looking bike.

For cycling:

Record 11s 2010 shifter, F & R drivetrain, new saddle from Selle Italia, freehub for my Campy, and a new indoor trainer from Tacx

A Ruby project sunglasses too

Canyon Review

Can you give us a review of this bike after you have had it out a couple weeks. I am interested in this frame and would love to hear a non-cycling magazine assesment of it. It looks awesome, maybe Santa will stop by my place next year!

No chain whip required..... Heat a knife up and cut/melt it in half :D

I would be chewing that thing off my rear wheel like my arm on a coyote date! Santa already brought my present cause I'm druid and draw wierd symbols in the sand and burn funky wood - with that being said this year's Christmas Holidays will be delivering toys to others (Mike are you listening) ?

I originally thought the title was:-
`What satan bought me for Christmas`
leading to a discussion about how we all crave new cycling goodies that will somehow transform us into supreme cyclists instead of being :angel: and accepting it is just work, work, work...

I originally thought the title was:-
`What satan bought me for Christmas`
leading to a discussion about how we all crave new cycling goodies that will somehow transform us into supreme cyclists instead of being :angel: and accepting it is just work, work, work...

Speak for yourself Sikochi :D

I bought this for my wife... complete novice on a bike of any kind. She will wake up to find it in the living room. Could be a recipe for disaster, having it in the living room.... but,...

Back
Top Bottom