• Mamachari

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Others

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Marwin

Cruising
Jul 7, 2007
Everybody has a certain preference for bicycles. What do you ride and why did you choose it?

My last bicycle was a crossbike from Gary Fisher. In the past, I owned a Colnago Road bike, a Trek mountain bike, and of course, a mamachari . :D

Omega Matrix Carbon Fibre Road Bike with Campag Chorus Groupset and Campag Neutron Wheels and Conti GP4000 tyres. It's light and fast and looks like the bees knees.

Omega are a UK company, or should I say WERE a UK company that made highly respected Ti bikes. The owner was a genius bike designer but a rubbish businessman so it's gone into liquidation now. Another guy (Jim Walker) has come along and set up his own Ti bike company - Enigma and employed the designer (Mark Reilly) to build and design his bikes - they're essentially Omega's rebranded as Enigma's.

Great bikes and sensational prices. I am contemplating a trip to the US with a mate next year, I am covetting a De Rosa Idol and he wants a Colnago C50

FONDRIEST.jpg

FONDRIEST ALUMINUM FRAME
This (above) was a present from my brother: It got me hooked. It's currently being given an overhaul. New derailers, cranks, cables, breaks, BB etc... Shimano 105
Got some cheap Mavic Axium wheels for it as well. (12-27 cassette)
This bike seems to love corners. Whenever I use it in a race it just accelerates past everybody when we get in the 'S' bends...I intend to use this as my commuting , hill climbing and training bike....

trek5500ysm.jpg

TREK5500 Carbon frame

This bike has been ridden to almost death. I'm going to restrict it to race training and races only till I buy a new one. The Mavic Carbon wheels make it go 2 to 3kph an hour faster....so have to look after the wheels too... All DURA-ACE.

scott.jpg

SCOTT REFLEX 25.

Want to ride my MTB more. If I have a lot of spare time in the morning I ride it to work...takes about 20 to 30 minutes longer than going by road bike. It's also good for hooning around the river banks near here...and on the trails...

Back
Top Bottom