What's new

What are your favorite cafes to ride to?

My favorite was 7-11 cause of the sugar buns.
Have you tried these?

PC063840.JPG

It tastes a lot better than it looks. It has rather too much sugar for me, even for cycling; but as long as I only have one per ride I think/hope I'll be OK. (It's so good that I often want a second one a few hours after the first. Occasionally, I've succumbed.) It fits easily into a jersey pocket, where it even holds together fairly well.

Have you tried these?

View attachment 28953

It tastes a lot better than it looks. It has rather too much sugar for me, even for cycling; but as long as I only have one per ride I think/hope I'll be OK. (It's so good that I often want a second one a few hours after the first. Occasionally, I've succumbed.) It fits easily into a jersey pocket, where it even holds together fairly well.
I haven't but maybe I should. I was always a fan of the raisin buns. But lately those chocolate croissants have been getting my attention!😂

Yes, the raisin buns are appealingly large, and not diabetes-inducingly sugary. Good! But I find that they taste of very little, and if I manage to ram one into a jersey pocket, then ... well, let's say that I look even more ridiculous than without one.

Still, over the last year or two I've eaten so many in front of the 7-11 at the Takao north exit: physical and psychological preparation for Wada or wherever.

Next time, I'll be sure to try a chocolate croissant.

I haven't been to these two yet but they are on recon list

WISE MAN COFFEE
1 Chome-14-3 Maeharacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-0013
042-407-6842

Wise man is between higashi koganei and kokubunji.

NORTH LINK coffee & tea Tachikawa Stage Garden
〒190-0014 Tokyo, Tachikawa, Midoricho, 3−3 N1
042-512-5833

North Link is in Tachikawa located in a new building near Ikea. Seems like a good stop if you are coming back from a route along the Tama river or heading south from Tama lake.

I managed to go to Wise Man Coffee last week. I recommend getting the apple crumble if you go. It was great, and served hot perfect on a cold day.

I also found this map while googling for tokyo cycling friendly cafes in japanese:

Tried Iron Coffee in Setagaya. It seems to be popular with cyclists. I believe 2 people can sit inside the shop , otherwise enjoy your coffee on the street. Which was quite appealing, actually. A stone ' s throw away from gotokuji temple.
http://iron-coffee.com/
Thanks for sharing. I might have heard the name before but have never been there.

So many cafes have popped up over the last few years it seems. But still few that are that perfect spot for after group ride for a bunch of cyclists to drop into early morning, except for:

Cross Coffee
Turret Coffee
Allpress Espresso
iki Espresso
No 4
Criss Cross
TY Harbour BreadWorkz

Think I might have to head down to Iron Coffee & pop into Gotokuji Temple to make a video.

Yesterday I received a happy holiday from Famima (the first convenience store you get to once you're on Onekan and heading east.

PC253926.JPG

That's an apple/cream denish. The first time I encountered "denish", I mistook (eggcorned) it as a reference to Dinesh D'Souza -- not merely a convicted felon (well, these things happen to the best of wingnuts) but pardoned by the current incumbent. Despite the alarming name, it tastes good, though I wish the maker and its rivals used Bramleys.

That was circa 108 km into the 139 km of my first ride of what might add up to a Fermentative 500; but I don't use Strava so it don't mean a thing.

If you're not on strava, you don't exist...

(I'm not, either--it'd be too embarrassing for me)

I do not. On the matter of embarrassment, @jdd , note my ridiculously tall stem and the way I've angled the photo to hide my tiny chainwheels.

Hey, you need yellow caps on your valve stems. ;)

@jdd , you're so right. I also need a yellow saddle, yellow bottle cages, and brilliant green brifter levers. But most of all I need what's in the downtube of the bike next to it.

PC253929g.JPG

But would I give the right tine of my fork for it?

Back
Top Bottom