What's new

Western Hills On Saturday Sept 11?

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
I'm looking to do 80 to 100K at a moderate to fast pace. Flexible on routes.

Thinking about departing Takao around 9.

Anyone want to join me?

Lubos

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
I need to be back in Tokyo (Kichijoji) by about 5 but am thinking about doing
Takao-> Otarumi -> Kobu tunnel -> Kazahari and then back to Ome on Saturday.
It'll by my first time connecting these two passes with the Kobu tunnel but generally, I should know my way.

I can limit my sleeping in and make it out to Takao by 9 (as in I will very lazily take the train) if you want to ride together. I'm intermediate level... or something like that, so moderate pace is probably fine...

japanviking

Speeding Up
Jul 13, 2010
I might be up for a ride out west on saturday. Never been out in the Takao area but I need to practice some climbing.
Not sure if I will ride out or take the train. Which station would be best, Takao or Takaosanguchi?

I am pretty slow by the way..:eek:

/Andreas

rommelgc

Maximum Pace
Sep 3, 2009
I am up for a moderate pace ride but I need to be back in Tokyo (Komazawa) around 5-ish pm too. It'll be my first time up in those part of the woods.

When worse comes to worse, I'll be in stride of Andreas pace :)

I'll PM my number later.

- Rommel

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
scratch that....
I decided to cancel my social plans and head out to fuji with the fixie boys.:cool:

sorry! catch you some other time!

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
OK gents let's meet at the Family Mart outside the north exit of Takao Station at 9:00 on Saturday.

Let's do the following route (or a variation of it) as it's the only one I know :)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19664349

I'll send you guys a PM with my cell in case anything pops up.

Lubos

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi Lubos,

How are doing? Did you fix your injury?
I cannot join you this time, as I have planned another trip, but will be taking it easy after Toyo Tires race - hope to see you then.

I've sent you a PM with a 100km route suggestion.

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
Sergey,

Yes, it's been a tough year both in terms of illness or injury.. but seems to be behind me now. I'm looking forward to a much more active second half of the year. Hopefully we can ride again soon!

Lubos

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
I`ll be out that way on an earlier ride so will try to meet up if the moons align.
Keith

Top Bottom