What's new

Weekly Training Runs

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
If anyone wants to join - I'll be riding more or less regular training rides:

2) Tuesdays - Palace Pimple Pursuit. (PPP) Start at 0600 and ride 4-6 laps pursuit style. This means 2 'teams' start opposite - or just wait until roughly that, then try to catch each other following some basic guidelines. This is not a race, but an awareness exercise and chance to get some small intervals on each lap. Pursuit score will be judged only by the small uphill section. About 1.5hr max.

3) Thursdays - Arawaka Kilo Intervals. Start at Shinkjuku at 0600 - ride to Arakawa and meet there. We will do 5x 'step up' kilos then I'll think of something fun to do on the way back. About 3hr max depending on commute.

4) Saturdays - generally riding with 'Honey Badger' Pete and hitting the Greenline or other adventure routes. Min 150km planned with plenty of climbing. Always WATT and KOM worthy.

I'll be doing this regardless of weather - that's half the fun! And when winter sets in, then I'll change up more to muletto training.

Need to work this Saturday, but looking forward to another Greenline ride. May be stuck with just my MTB for a while, but the next chance I get to join, I will be there. Tuesdays and Thursdays in the city don't really work for me.

Week stuff, no way. I have an empire to control, manipulate and fund.

Saturdays. Yeah, but as you know, I never turn up.

Might surprise you though, eh.

The week day stuff sounds pretty interesting. Both these runs are close to school or home. I'll see about tryin to join you starting next week

Where will you be entering the arakawa river from?

Will you and tim be going to the arakawa on thursday morning?

Hi Guys - I will do Arakawa on Thurs. I went out late today due to backlog from the e-performance Camp. I usually head up Yamate Dori - then hit the river near the baseball main fields.

Hi Guys - I will do Arakawa on Thurs. I went out late today due to backlog from the e-performance Camp. I usually head up Yamate Dori - then hit the river near the baseball main fields.

Is that about where route 307 and 308 cross over the path?

Tim,

I intend go up to Arakawa tomorrow morning for some training. Will probably be around the Family Mart close to the river around 6:30. Leaving route 20/Yamate dori just before 6.

Hope to see you somewhere along the way.

/Andreas

Hi Andreas - I can hit our usual Family Mart at the river at around 6.30ish. I dont want to backtrack to Tokyo Opera City. 0700 at Arakawa Familymart would be perfect, actually, as it takes me about 40min to get there from my house.

Thanks for the company, Andreas! We managed to kick out about 90km. Not bad , especially with the downwind intervals and upwind grinding!

If anyone wants to join - I'll be riding more or less regular training rides:

2) Tuesdays - Palace Pimple Pursuit. (PPP) Start at 0600 and ride 4-6 laps pursuit style. This means 2 'teams' start opposite - or just wait until roughly that, then try to catch each other following some basic guidelines. This is not a race, but an awareness exercise and chance to get some small intervals on each lap. Pursuit score will be judged only by the small uphill section. About 1.5hr max.

I think I met you on Tuesday around the imperial palace. Its Jim isn't it? This is Jon from Sydney. Good to have met you. I can't join you on the greenline ride but I just got back from Yamanashi and it is a beautiful place. We stayed at an onsen at Kawaguchiko. I need to spend more time with the family as we will only be in Japan for another two days.
I enjoyed the ride from Tokyo to Biwako which Ludwig planned for me and it was really really tough. The second day was tough and it was hard to push on at times. I might do a short write out in a blog on TCC when I get the pictures organised.
Enjoy the geenline ride.

Cheers,
Jon

Ahhh! yes! Hi Jon - great to meet you there. I hope you can join some more rides.

p.s. - if we need to recruit enduro team - get ahold of Jon, he's very fast!

I think I met you on Tuesday around the imperial palace. Its Jim isn't it? This is Jon from Sydney. Good to have met you. I can't join you on the greenline ride but I just got back from Yamanashi and it is a beautiful place. We stayed at an onsen at Kawaguchiko. I need to spend more time with the family as we will only be in Japan for another two days.
I enjoyed the ride from Tokyo to Biwako which Ludwig planned for me and it was really really tough. The second day was tough and it was hard to push on at times. I might do a short write out in a blog on TCC when I get the pictures organised.
Enjoy the geenline ride.

Cheers,
Jon

Hey Jon, glad to know you survived! Looking forward to an update - really curious to know how it went for you, how you liked it etc. Photos can wait or are not needed - I know what the area looks like...

Back
Top Bottom