What's new

Weekly Training Runs

I'm going to try - still stiff and sore from my tumble yesterday - but at least that will dull the cold a bit! The other crew does some laps around Gaien park - but at 0530 - it's a bit early for me!

Great time this morning! Met up with Andreas for 3 laps of the palace. Were you there Tim? If you were I guess we missed you.

Started in Nerima in the pre dawn darkness ended in my suit at the office!!:D ha ha ha!!
40km before work feels good!

Think I will make this my weekly mission:D

Never did the Palace Loop, but thought about it because its close.
When looking at the Strava data (e.g from Tim) I see you need to stop ~5 times (like 20-30sec each time) per loop at the traffic lights. That seems to suck pretty much :mad:. As you go clockwise can't you just pass the red-light, or is there the police already standing at ~6AM? What are your experiences?

Sorry I couldn't do it - I honestly could barely get out of bed. I bruised several ribs in my crash and my sternum. Feeling better , though, luckily nothing was broken (had it checked) - just slight separation. Doc said lay off the bike for a couple days. I asked him about some pain meds - and he laughed and said NO WAY - if it hurts - DON'T RIDE! haha!

Great time this morning! Met up with Andreas for 3 laps of the palace. Were you there Tim? If you were I guess we missed you.

Started in Nerima in the pre dawn darkness ended in my suit at the office!!:D ha ha ha!!
40km before work feels good!

Think I will make this my weekly mission:D

Never did the Palace Loop, but thought about it because its close.
When looking at the Strava data (e.g from Tim) I see you need to stop ~5 times (like 20-30sec each time) per loop at the traffic lights. That seems to suck pretty much :mad:. As you go clockwise can't you just pass the red-light, or is there the police already standing at ~6AM? What are your experiences?

Who stops at traffic lights of Imperial loop :p

Sorry I couldn't do it - I honestly could barely get out of bed. I bruised several ribs in my crash and my sternum. Feeling better , though, luckily nothing was broken (had it checked) - just slight separation.

I'm glad you did have it checked and nothing is broken. Get well soon!

After you get stopped by the police ... you do .. everytime! I really don't want to ruin this for everyone by blatantly light crashing. Even the University teams which train there are now obeying the lights. Plus it builds up your plus karma points which can be redeemed in Taxi Bashing points.

Also - I enjoy launching attacks from behind those that blow lights, especially the 2 just before 'the pimple'. It's a great interval session. Since I generally ride fixed gear on this route, it's a good, varied workout given the fairly mundane course.

Who stops at traffic lights of Imperial loop :p

I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed being out early in the morning too. It is a shame there isn't a dedicated no light bike lane going right around = get rid of the footpath and have the joggers swim!:cool:

Nothing!! After burning through absurd amounts of money racing motorcycles, one of the things I am liking about cycling is that it is "free" fun. (in relative terms)

But I will gratefully accept the emporers offer of building a veledrome in his back yard!!!

Nothing!! After burning through absurd amounts of money racing motorcycles, one of the things I am liking about cycling is that it is "free" fun. (in relative terms)

I also used to race motorcycles, when I had more money than brains. :p

I will be doing laps of the palace on Tuesday the 20th. I'll be at the top where the koban is at 7.00am if anyone wants to join for a few laps.:bike:

I will be doing laps of the palace on Tuesday the 20th. I'll be at the top where the koban is at 7.00am if anyone wants to join for a few laps.:bike:

I'm probably up for this, but let me see how tomorrow goes.

Can you put up a google link for that koban? I'm not entirely sure where it is. I think so, but would hate to be waiting in the wrong place.

:bike:

After a few too many drinks at a wonderful Christmas party last night, I got up around 8AM and was wobbling around the palace by 9AM did three rather slow laps, but I did get out there! No breakfast, just two large glasses of water.

If you are not going very early, then I think 10 AM is better than 9AM, because at 9AM there are so many peds on the street! FYI

I also saw a cyclist blow through a red light and get nicked by a motorcycle cop.

I got clipped by a van's mirror, I'm fine, did not go down, but scared the pooh out of me for sure! :eek: I'll post more about that in a minute.

I bought some new winterish gloves, these ones....
View attachment 970
Pearl Izumi 7215 in red
I paid too much, at 7,350 yen, but they are very comfortable, and kept my hands warm with out being too warm. I also love the terry cloth area on the back of the thumb, to wipe my nose :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Nice - I'm still healing from my cracked ribs and sternum - will try to get out a little later for some recovery rides. The PI's claim to be good for 5, the 7218's down to 0 - I might give those a try. Around 5200 yen (7215) and 6000 yen (7218) - so you didn't over pay a whole lot - in terms of convenience.

Nice - I'm still healing from my cracked ribs and sternum - will try to get out a little later for some recovery rides. The PI's claim to be good for 5, the 7218's down to 0 - I might give those a try. Around 5200 yen (7215) and 6000 yen (7218) - so you didn't over pay a whole lot - in terms of convenience.

Yeah, and it was an impulse buy :eek:

On the good side I got to try them on, the XL fit perfect, but going from the info on the PI sight, the L would have been my pick, so that right there is a deal maker!

Shame you couldn't make it, It was a nice morning to be out. My navi had it at 1deg for the first 20km, but it didn't feel it. Managed to get around the palace in a 9min 15 lap. Running behind some ever shrinking fast guy and getting a semi clean run on the lights:eek:

Left knee started acting up again so it was off to the office for the day.

Back
Top Bottom