Half Fast Weekend rides 25 & 26 October 2014

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
I have been remiss about cross-posting half-fast rides recently. So sue me. If you want to get our ride bulletin delivered to your inbox in a timely fashion please visit the half fast cycling web site and sign up for the mailing list.

--

Five rides coming up this rain-free weekend. Don will do an Odaiba beginners' on Saturday, a Tama Loop on Sunday. Also on Saturday Ira will offer his 12 Rivers classic, and Warren plans a temple loop up Ome way. Early birds may want to join Joe Itakura’s abbreviated Arakawa jaunt on Sunday.

And heads up! Joe Wein has an autumn foliage special planned for Nov. 2 (or 3 if there’s rain). That info will be sent as a separate message.

Saturday, October 25th

Odaiba Beginners’

A quick 30km hop out to the beach at Odaiba and back through Ginza, the Imperial Palace, etc. Any rider, any bike. (We may have a nine-year-old on this one; see if you can keep up with him.) Start at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills at 11:00 a.m. Back by 2:00 or so. Contact: Don Morton o9o-5813-6721, dmorton at attglobal dot net

Twelve Rivers Flat Loop

Meet at 9:00 a.m. at Higashi Tamagawa Park near Futago-tamagawa station. ( http://goo.gl/maps/kyL1 )

A Century Ride over Twelve Rivers on a Flat Loop with NO MAJOR HILLS.
We ride the Tama-gawa, the Asa-kawa, the Yudono-gawa, the Sakae-gawa, the Onda-gawa, and the Tsurumi-gawa as our six main Rivers. We also touch and ride on six other rivers before we come back to Futako Tama-gawa our starting point. A Tokyo-Kanagawa 100 km loop ride of rivers, trees, rice fields, and did I mention no major hills.

Total about 100 km. Easy to Medium pace, but distance makes this an intermediate ride.
(I also can pick up riders anywhere along the route if you let me know in advance.)

Ome Temple Loop

11 Hills and an Omamari stop

Meet at 8:00am at Ome Station (on some maps as “Oume”)

Contact: Warren (+81 80 2005 8654 – no texts – warren dot preen at nomura dot com )

The Loonies have escaped the asylum and are on their annual pilgrimage (map) : The Ome Temple Loop ride – a 90km loop passing a minimum of 37 temples or shrines. Simple? ….apart from the 11 hills (not rivers) along the route. 3200m of ascent makes this a Lunatic ride. You will need a top layer/jacket for the descents, bag for the train, and fill your pockets with energy foods (as there aren’t many places to stop …except temples!).
Suggested Train : 06:44 JR Shinjuku Track 12 JR Chuo Special Rapid Service (arrives 07:51 at Ome via change at Tachikawa to 07:15 JR Ome Line) Note there is only a 3 min changeover to get from platform 5/6 to platform 1/2 at Tachikawa – don’t queue for escalator; use stairs if busy

Sunday, October 26th

Early Bird Arakawa

Fast & easy 40KM, all welcome. We'll ride rain or shine.

Meet 6.00am at Palace on corner of Harumi and Uchiboridori.

Route: Palace -> Ochanomizu -> Sendagi -> Tabata -> Konbini (one and only stop) -> Arakawa (20km south) -> Part ways at Monzennakacho.

Contact: Joe at o9o-3435-4864 or email: jitakura at hotmail dot com

Tama Loop Hangover Ride

Sweat out Saturday night’s party indulgence with this intermediate-level 55km Tama River loop. Easy but fast. Start at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills at 11:00 a.m. Alternate rendezvous points: KFC in Ebisu @ 11:30, Intersection of Kan-Nana and Komazawa-Dori @ 11:45, Komazawa Park @ noon, bridge at Futako-Tamagawa (Kanagawa side) @ 12:20, Gas Bashi @ 12:45 or 1:00. Long break at Jonan Jima seaside park (across from Haneda) at 1:30. Convenience store lunch. Back by 3:00 or 3:30. Contact: Don Morton o9o-5813-6721, dmorton at attglobal dot net